Hp:14
Dmg:13
Armor:0/1
Range:4
Actions:1
Sigh:5
Speed:2
"Burning weapon"
Cause 300% vs siege machines,constructions,fortifield buildings and mega buildings.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Endru1241

Re: Chinese fire lancer

Post by Endru1241 »

Actually Fire Lance was barely ranged at all - early 12th century was basically a little fire and great visual effect added to common lance. In the late 12th century shrapnel was used (but spearhead was often removed), but the range was 2-3 meters (melee range in the game standards).
In the second half of 13th century Chinese developed pellet and metal barrel, making this real ranged weapon, but it was mostly referred as eruptors.
Even dismissing name differences - both shrapnel one and metal barrelled had nothing to do with fire any more - no burning, I'm afraid.
In other words - trying to bring fire lance to the game - pick one of the three described above.

On the other hand Morningwarior stats gives me the idea - tanegeshima ashigaru is soldier of 17th century and for a long time I bring it back to medieval times. So he could be renamed teppō ashigaru (teppō was eruptor imported from China - aka Handgonne ).
Age of Strategy design leader
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Hmmmm,i show new status for fire lancer chines
Hp:15
Atk:12
Range:2-3?
Sigh:4
Speed:3
Armor:1/0
Cost:4
But i do know he are a spear thower or a long pikeman unit.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

he could have 2 actions / turn, reducing a little his attack. I suppose ut is like an ancient flamethrower
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230

Return to “Unit - ranged (like archers)”