spacious chariots - IMPLEMENTED

godOfKings

spacious chariots - IMPLEMENTED

Post by godOfKings »

The chariots are designed to be bigger and more spacious, allowing space for another unit to ride on it
Cost: 8 turns
Builder : blacksmith
See this
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4649#p46559
To summarize the points:
Ranged units like archers and skirmishers can attack
Melee units cannot attack
Only one garrison space
If chariot is converted then garrisoned unit will b killed and the enemy will b able to use the garrison space for that chariot if it hadn't researched it before
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
LordOfAles

Re: spacious chariots

Post by LordOfAles »

Nice
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Fildin

Post by Fildin »

Yes! Amazing idea, chariots are rare used. They need a rework or maybe upgrade or tech like this. Just don't let catapults enter a chriot :lol:
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Can siege mantlets move on forest? If it can't then I fear this tech will make it obsolete
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

It cant
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

But it can b built on forest, is that a bug?

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

yes
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

godOfKings wrote:Ranged units like archers and skirmishers can attack
Melee units cannot attack
Might just use the current setup in towers that allows anything to attack. Passengers in a chariot historically did attack in melee, so it would be realistic.
The glorious sun rises again
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Imagine someone put a flail soldier in that chariot, it could then atk and kill any infantry in its path, or a samurai, they never used chariots in battle, and such a combination could easily destroy walls and towers, there r lots of cases I can think in which melee units in chariots is both weird and unrealistic (take the Spartan for example, or the Celtic warrior, did chariots exist in their time?) Skirmishers throwing spears is as close to the realistic melee chariot as it can get

Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

There's no way to set that up. Now I think we can make it so that the unit inside dies when the chariot is destroyed.
The glorious sun rises again
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Could b, its a double edged sword than, when it is chased by a wagon full of pike men

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

And for siege mantlets, they r practically narrow wooden walls with wheels under them which could easily move between trees, and during castle siege it is more likely that they used them under forest cover to make it difficult for castle archers to discover the attacking archers and give even more protection to the attacking archers, so I think it could b possible to move siege mantlets on forest tiles, so that they may b useful in maps where chariots r useless

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Let's please not talk about mantlets in forest when BANNER BEARERS can't go in forest. :roll:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Well, if banner beared ran into forest, swordsman would emerge lol
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Well if banner bearer was inside forest then the troops wouldn't b able to see the banner and raise their morale, he had to stay somewhere open so the troops could look at him and feel confident, so I guess the logic is correct

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Still the point about conversion isn't clear, is it possible to do this or should chariots simply b resistant to conversion ( I m still confused about how garrison works and wat is the extent of this feature)

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Lets not let this die ppl! This will finally make chariots useful!
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

well, the easiest fix would just to give chariots 100% resistance on completion of the tech...

Which would also make them more useful
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Well no one really uses chariots so not really sure how imbalanced it would become with 100% spell resistance, may b make it that chariots don't get other blacksmith techs

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

The only way to keep this thread alive is by drawing an icon for the tech, my idea is a chariot without the rider or the horse

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Or an archer in a chariot? Idk lol, kinda weird image for a tech
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Well it is simply the chariot that is getting bigger so...

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Nearly finalized stats:
Cost 8 turns
Builder blacksmith
Carry capacity 1
Spell resist 100%
Chariot also gets effects of blacksmith sword techs but doesn't get any armour tech

Garrisons melee and ranged infantries that can atk but if chariot is destroyed they will also die

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Another idea for icon, put two men on the same chariot and the second man could b an archer or a skirmisher standing in position to throw spear, but the problem is that it is almost impossible on the current chariot.

So my idea is to redraw the chariot in 2D shape facing side ways horizontally. It could b large enough that a new horse wont need to b drawn. One rider could b holding the straps that will go to the edge, indicating the horse is there, the other could b behind holding a spear

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

So made two drafts, one is a new born child that will take a long time to mature

The other is a mature pic made from editing coolguy's chariot :lol:
Attachments
chariot.png
chariot.png (1.26 KiB) Viewed 4405 times

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Second pic
Attachments
cool_chariot.png
cool_chariot.png (2.87 KiB) Viewed 4405 times

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

That is a good image I think, godofkings
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

There is so much space constraint I don't see any way to improve this picture anymore :lol:
Thanks doomcarrot I basically copied cool guy's picture and used the pixels he used to make the second man

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

So with this I think both tech ideas r ready

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Just discovered cool chariot height is 40 pix, so use this instead
Attachments
cool_chariot.png
cool_chariot.png (2.2 KiB) Viewed 4254 times

Return to “Techs”