Passive Regeneration

Puss_in_Boots

Passive Regeneration

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Every flesh and blood unit has the ability to heal half of the damage they took from an enemy unit. If they got damaged again it resets the amount of health they will recover from an attack. This makes it more viable to attack in groups, so that units can take cover behind each other when no towers or healers are around.

It can only be researched in advancements center.
Costs:4 turns

They will heal one hp per turn after they get hit.
Last edited by Puss_in_Boots on Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
OLÉ
LordOfAles

Re: Passive Regeneration

Post by LordOfAles »

This would be pretty useful tech,so it cost should be higher,lets say:
Cost:6
+1
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Field Medic Training or something? It is a cool idea, but I agree it should have a high cost. It could be extremely useful for units that are travelling from one big battle to another.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I was hoping it could be used for defensive, preservation tactics early on in the game w/o use of healer or buildings, so I made it cheap for use small maps.

I could agree on cost 6, but then it would cause you to lack troops on the field when you could be using healers instead.
Puss_in_Boots wrote:They will heal one hp per turn after they get hit.
Remember, that it will only heal half the damage caused to your unit, and that this is like 1hp per turn until recovery of 1/2 of its health lost.
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I guess this could just be a natural feature in all versions, that any organic unit will slowly regenerate health over time, 1 per turn. No technology needed. This would be from simple treatments one can apply on their own, such as bandages, combined with the body's own healing processes. these don't have to come from healers. It wouldn't change game balance much, but it might change strategy a little. Healers would still be important, since an 8 damage hit would take 8 turns to heal....that's a bit slow, and not enough on its own to rely on.
The glorious sun rises again
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

The idea was half, so that you don't recover too much, so it would actually be 4 hit points healed in 4 turns.

Perhaps natural healing abilities won't be too bad it really doesn't change much in balance unless that 1 number counts.

The tech will be an advancement in medical technology to boost this ability by recover 2hp points per turn and increase the health gained back by 75% of damage taken.
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

I don't see the point in making it so complicated, with the half the damage taken rule. Now an advancement to add an extra point each turn sounds like a good extension of it, for sure. I just don't think it needs the extra coding to calculate the damage taken from the last attack and half it. That is unnecessary code. Just let it heal to full, it's not that much difference.
Sunrise Samurai

Besides, if everyone gets it, the balance remains mostly the same.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

The point is realism.

Time can't heal every wound. :)
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

I understand that. Unfortunately sometimes realism goes out the window when faced with the practicality of a game. Especially when you want to be able to quantify​ everything, down to the exact amount of health you expect a unit to have when it reaches a certain point. I don't want to have to calculate remaining regeneration​ turns based on damage taken. This wouldn't exactly be accurate anyway. If I attack with a weak unit, say a 1 attack fairy in AoF, after a big hit, it only regenerates from the last, weakest one. In this case, half of 1 damage, probably rounded down, would be 0.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I still wouldn't want that, regenerate to full hp trope to be included into this game despite being based off of other games. I would prefer the game had simple looking yet complex mechanics.

To fix that problem it could calculate every damage taken that turn and divide by 1/2 or 1/4.

Alternatively it could gather all damage taken together and apply the division of 2 or 1.25 and that will be the total amount of health given back until it reaches that amount of health points.

Now the simple alternative, it could be used to heal 50% or 75% of its total health and the rest will be up to the healer or buildings.
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

Maybe damage should lower the max health (grey a section of the bar) temporarily, until proper healing can happen. That would at least give some feedback on how much can regenerate.
Detros

Post by Detros »

If anything in this way is implemented I think there really needs to be some indicator how much is given unit going to heal and how long will this effect last. And Help should then explain if such self-healing takes places before poison and automatic turns from nearby ally healers or later.

Return to “Techs”