new tech: engineering

Moderator: Endru1241

max-damage

new tech: engineering

Post by max-damage » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:16 am

Affects workers, +50% construction speed bonus, cost 10 turns in advancements center or castle...sorry if i didn't format this properly...
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...

COOLguy

Re: new tech: engineering

Post by COOLguy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:46 am

Upgrade from the "Ambidextria" tech? Sounds a bit OP: Guard Towers will be like 1 turn to build.
Thanks!
Josh

max-damage

Post by max-damage » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:22 am

Ambidextria only affects repair rates...and guard towers are already only 1 turn to build if you use 2+ workers...
Just an idea, though...and, actually, the research should be around 20 turns; this will keep it from being developed in short, quick missions...
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:36 pm

Yes 20 turn cost is less OP. What I refer to as turns are not "real time" turns, but actual "cost" turns. So in dealing with strategies, you use it to measure effectiveness against cost (bang for the buck).
Assassin= 4 turns > Swordsman=2 turns (Assassin also dies) NET -2 turns. So this strategy is not worth it.

And I think you are confused: Ambidextria affects the "mend" rate - building and fixing. Towers cost 4 turns without it; with it researched they cost 3. So the new mend would be 23 with this tech. I think it's a good idea, but let's not make it OP. :)
Thanks!
Josh

max-damage

Post by max-damage » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:49 pm

I'm actually Not confused on this...a fortress takes 6 worker-turns to build, with or without the ambidextria developed...but, regardless, if this new tech is implemented, it should take a lot to develop, as you and i agree...maybe 16 turns or so...but if the "parallel research" (multiple structures researching the same tech) is implemented, the engineering would become a bit too easy...i don't know, let's wait and see what some other people think...

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:07 pm

Yes engineering is a good idea. :)

But a fortress takes 8 turns to build without the tech. :) So unless you know something I don't, you are confused. :)
Thanks!
Josh

max-damage

Post by max-damage » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:39 pm

I guess we have different versions of the game, or something, because i just checked again and its showing 6 turns for a fortress from the first turn of a match...but it doesn't matter, anyway...i just don't want the tech to make the game unbalanced....

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:47 pm

Does your game have "all techs" or "no techs"?
Thanks!
Josh

max-damage

Post by max-damage » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:53 pm

No techs....as i said, though, it doesn't matter...if engineering works, cool...if not, no big deal...

Return to “Techs”