animal training technology

Alex486

animal training technology

Post by Alex486 »

Create a technology called Animal Training. It could be an upgrade in the stable or advancement center. Cost is 8 turns. All animal units (bird, dog, horse related units, an elephant units) get a +1 in speed.
Anything is feasible with enough money and power.

Get ready to get your teeth kicked in, it will make for a good education.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: animal training technology

Post by Stratego (dev) »

good!
however this way this would be too op. we should split up into separate technologies: like "elephant training" and "horseshoe upgrade" for knights and other normal horse ridden units.

Balint: please get the thech ideas too into the voting! :)
balint

Post by balint »

Understood :D
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

I think we should get back the idea of this technology that makes elephants faster by adding +1 speed. Elephants are almost never used.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok! i am open to the suggestion, vote for it on next update and please suggest image for it (i understand it only for elephants, not all animals)
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

We spoke about that in this topic too: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1537
Age of Fantasy design leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

To balance it we might split it in different parts then:

Elephant Training: Cost 5 at the stable, Elephant speed increase by 1
Advanced Mounted Maneuvers: Cost 8 at the stable Mounted Horselike units speed increase by 1 (if we decide to make it only for melee the cost could go down to 6)
Improved March: Cost 8 at the barracks Infantry units speed increase by 1
Movement Shooting: Cost 10 at the shooting range Ranged non-mounted units speed increase by 1 (We might decide to make it for both mounted and non-mounted if we make "Advanced Mounted Maneuvers" only for melee)
Improved Wheels: Cost 12 at the siege workshop Siege weapons and cart units speed increase by 1 (we might make it work for chariots too, so that, paired with "Advanced Mounted Maneuvers" they might earn a +2 to speed)
Pilgrimage: Cost 6 at the church Healers and Missionaries speed increase by 1

What do you think?

I scaled costs thinking about the final benefit that you can earn. Highly mobile archers and siege weapons are very powerful (you can move a large group to make serious damage tu big units and building with a swarm of arrows), Faster knights would be even more useful and faster infantry would reach easily the enemy. Healers speed increase would be necessary to make them keep up with your army. Elephant cost is lower because is something like a must to make them useful (and they are also costy units).
I wouldn't increase speed for dogs and birds because you need them mostrly to explore in the beginning, in an advanced game you might just send a knight around or use an ornithopter.

By the way, we might make all this techs researchble at the advancement center with a reduced cost, what you think?
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Techs”