Cataphract as new unit

Moderator: Endru1241

Post Reply
User avatar
L4cus
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm
Location: Perú

Cataphract as new unit

Post by L4cus » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:29 pm

I supose everybody knows about cataphracts. Anyway, i think this should be a new unit. The trouble i find is that cataphracts are from anient age and medieval age too.
Good against infantry, this unit should have this stats:
Cost 5-6
Hp 53
Attack 13-17
Range 1
Armor 3-4/3-5
Spees 4
Sight 7
CR 40%
SR 50%
With trample damage
Bonus against foot meele and ranged units
images (18).jpeg
images (18).jpeg (63.84 KiB) Viewed 299 times
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...

User avatar
SirPat
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:39 am
Location: Bulacan, Philippines

Re: Cataphract as new unit

Post by SirPat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:37 am

I dont agree with the trample ability but I dont know what is stronger a full armored knight or a cataphract?
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let all who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
L4cus
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm
Location: Perú

Re: Cataphract as new unit

Post by L4cus » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:03 am

SirPat wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:37 am
I dont agree with the trample ability but I dont know what is stronger a full armored knight or a cataphract?
I don't know if they fought along history. Anyway, i think cataphracts count as a elite unit, then it will be more expensive (more turns) for better quality.
That's why i wrote 6turns at cost.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...

User avatar
SirPat
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:39 am
Location: Bulacan, Philippines

Re: Cataphract as new unit

Post by SirPat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:15 am

no I was thinking of who has better armor and equipment so that we can verify the stats of the unit
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let all who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
L4cus
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm
Location: Perú

Re: Cataphract as new unit

Post by L4cus » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:30 am

SirPat wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:15 am
no I was thinking of who has better armor and equipment so that we can verify the stats of the unit
Cataphracts. That is why i set a range for the armor:
Armor 3-4/3-5
They like thanks :D
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...

User avatar
SirPat
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:39 am
Location: Bulacan, Philippines

Re: Cataphract as new unit

Post by SirPat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:15 am

about 4/4
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let all who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
L4cus
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm
Location: Perú

Re: Cataphract as new unit

Post by L4cus » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:10 am

SirPat wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:15 am
about 4/4
What about 5/4
Remembwr he was a shock cavalry. They were made to charge and hold fighting
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...

User avatar
SirPat
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:39 am
Location: Bulacan, Philippines

Re: Cataphract as new unit

Post by SirPat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:54 pm

Agreeable
and Shock Cavalry was used to break formations and scatter enemy infantry
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let all who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
L4cus
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm
Location: Perú

Re: Cataphract as new unit

Post by L4cus » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:31 pm

SirPat wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:54 pm
Agreeable
and Shock Cavalry was used to break formations and scatter enemy infantry
He could reduce morale of adjacent enemy units
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...

User avatar
godOfKings
Posts: 2357
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: Cataphract as new unit

Post by godOfKings » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:30 pm

Just so u know, in this game there r few formations if any, u expose ur shock cavalry, a random halberd riding a wagon will cut off ur head from miles away, and a cavalry cant demoralize simply by standing, make this stronger than centurion but not much stronger than cavalier (as ancient era armor cant compare to middle ages)

Cost 6
Hp 42
Atk 15
Armor 4/3
Speed 5
Spell resist 0%

Affected by blacksmith techs and morale auras

For comparison:
Centurion
Cost 6
Hp 40
Atk 12
Armor 2/3
Has aura

Daimyo
Cost 7
Hp 45
Atk 15
Arnor 3/3
Has aura

Hussar
Cost 5
Hp 35
Atk 12
Armor 0/2
Speed 6

Cavalier
Cost 4 + 12 turn upgrade techs
Hp 45
Atk 14
Armor 3/2
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

User avatar
L4cus
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm
Location: Perú

Re: Cataphract as new unit

Post by L4cus » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:39 pm

godOfKings wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:30 pm
Just so u know, in this game there r few formations if any, u expose ur shock cavalry, a random halberd riding a wagon will cut off ur head from miles away, and a cavalry cant demoralize simply by standing, make this stronger than centurion but not much stronger than cavalier (as ancient era armor cant compare to middle ages)

Cost 6
Hp 42
Atk 15
Armor 4/3
Speed 5
Spell resist 0%

Affected by blacksmith techs and morale auras

For comparison:
Centurion
Cost 6
Hp 40
Atk 12
Armor 2/3
Has aura

Daimyo
Cost 7
Hp 45
Atk 15
Arnor 3/3
Has aura

Hussar
Cost 5
Hp 35
Atk 12
Armor 0/2
Speed 6

Cavalier
Cost 4 + 12 turn upgrade techs
Hp 45
Atk 14
Armor 3/2
You are right about morale. Then, ¿wich should be the stats? This unit should be produced only on castles, the cavalier in stables, it matters.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...

Post Reply

Return to “Unit - mounted”