Mercenary hired blade

Morningwarrior

Mercenary hired blade

Post by Morningwarrior »

A experienced swordsman with high quality armor and most well forged sword spend long time of you life on the battlefield at right price.
Hp:32
Atk:12
Armor:3/2
Sight:5
Speed:3
Range:1
Actions:1
Turns to spawn:4
Leaving time:3
+50% vs buildings
+ 150% vs fortifield buildings
+ 400% vs mega buildings
Can be recrut on the town and castle.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Morningwarrior

Re: Mercenary hired blade

Post by Morningwarrior »

Is can be next mercenary unit
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

Well here is an image of a swordsmen with very high quality armour and a sword, however in the previous update we got a mercenary foot knight so this unit idea is very similar, probably too similar.
It would need a different name as well, I think
Last edited by Squirrel5555 on Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
AOD Team - Join Us!
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Squirrel5555 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:40 pm Well here is an image of a swordsmen with very high quality armour and a sword, however in the previous update we got a mercenary foot knight so this unit idea is very similar, probably too similar.
It would need a different name as well, I think
name suggestion: Mercenary Bruiser.

:?:
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

and a good name too but for now it will stick with that name and this pixel art was very good, but it could increase the shield leaving more or less with a triangular shape and the helmet could be without the feathers and with a half square shape you know standard way from the medieval period, I thank you for the image now we just need to approve it and I think I will adjust the unit's status.
Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

Another sprite

Once again, how is this different from the current mercenary knight? Seems to have the same role, similar stats and Endru isnt showing interest, unsurprisingly :lol:
but i was bored so here it is

Maybe this could be culture specific thing or something, idk :lol:
Last edited by Squirrel5555 on Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
AOD Team - Join Us!
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Squirrel5555 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:36 pm Another sprite

Once again, how is this different from the current mercenary knight? Seems to have the same role, similar stats and Endru isnt showing interest, unsurprisingly :lol:
but i was bored so here it is

Maybe this could be culture specific thing or something, idk :lol:
I think a long sword and a shield would be bad. a long sword is quite heavy it needs another hand support
I think it should be a two handed swordsman or You could make the sword a little bit short.....

In my opinion but its your choice :D
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

I am perfect, just as I thought you are and good at it I have to admit, however I hope that the idea will be approved and implemented soon, but I will still see if it needs any changes in the status but it seems that no, thanks one more turn.
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

How about make to a mercenary Zweihander
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

SirPat wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:38 am How about make to a mercenary Zweihander
Yeah similar too zweihander a long sword mercenary with light or med armor. With cleave ability

Name : Juggernaut
Leaving time : 3/4
Hp: 26
Atk : 15 or 13
Armor : 2
P.Armor: 1
Spd : 3
Turns to spawn : 4
Sight : 5
Actions : 1
Power range : 1
Passive ability : Demoralise ( like viking berzerk)

Bonus to Light melee: 50 %
Bonus to buildings : 80 %
Fortified : 100 %
Mega : 120 %

A two handed Warrior that kills for a living his sword can cut an unarmored foe in half,this made enemys flee in terror..
Last edited by Badnorth on Tue May 12, 2020 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
AgentA

Post by AgentA »

I thought this is the thread that conceptualize Mercenary Foot Knight or Vangarian. :?:

We have so many mercenary units after the update so I think this is not necessary for now specially it has similarities with 2 new units.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Aww, i totally forgot about that.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

I really think about for more,hired blade see like a armored foot soldiers used to hold much efetive gain pierce damage troops,like a shelder but is a mercenary,well need to update more the Hired blade status to make him more unique.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Morningwarrior wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:43 pm I really think about for more,hired blade see like a armored foot soldiers used to hold much efetive gain pierce damage troops,like a shelder but is a mercenary,well need to update more the Hired blade status to make him more unique.
Hired blade is similar a foot knight but he have some great bonuses gains light and archers foot.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

I need some updates about he stats
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Concept is just about a Mercenary Foot knight rip-off. I was too dumb back then to understand.

Your stats requires 4 turns to hire a mercenary while having leaving of 3, it is not worth it to produce. I'd rather hire a couple of Varangians or Ronins rather than 4 turn mercenaries who leaves you in 3 turns unless being paid while having such bad stats.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

If you were referring to my old stats suggestion, it is also trash so don't also use it as this unit's stats.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

I think more a unit mercenary with a good moviment speed with pierce armor
Hp:25
Atk:11
Def:2/4
Spd:3
Sight:5
Rng:1
Cost:4
Leaving time:4
Sheild bearer,heavy foot melee.
+75% vs medium and light foot melee and archers
+25% vs polearm wielder
+100% vs fortifield buildings
+500% vs mega buildings
+50% vs buildings
Recrutable on towns and barracks

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”