Spearman Samurai ANSWERED

SovietColonel

Spearman Samurai ANSWERED

Post by SovietColonel »

How about a samurai using A yari that has a lot of damage against mounted units and has double attack ability
Attachments
24365.png
24365.png (1.3 KiB) Viewed 3616 times
Long live our glorious motherland, her freedom and independence
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Spearman Samurai

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

You have definitely improved.

I don't how this balances with the voulgier unit recently added. Maybe give this guy less health and a little more damage for tge same turn cost.

He can only be produced in dojos as well.
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I was more thinking a naginata over yari. Maybe add a small area damage to it.
The glorious sun rises again
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

May b combine this topic with shogunate guard topic, since they r both similar
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

I really don't see the big deal with the spearman samurai we have so many anti mounted units I would try at the post gate house guard.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:I was more thinking a naginata over yari. Maybe add a small area damage to it.
Nice idea.
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Hmmm I think that area damage might not be able to happen for this unit how about 2 turns.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
Badnorth

Yari samurai

Post by Badnorth »

Yari is the term for a traditionally-made Japanese blade in the form of a spear, or more specifically, the straight-headed spear. The martial art of wielding the yari is called sōjutsu.
Cost: 3
Hp: 16
Att: 7
Spd: 3
Armor: 1/0
Sight: 4
Mental resist:
Bonuses:
110% Mounted
220% Elephants

Affected by bushido aura
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
DreJaDe

Re: Yari samurai

Post by DreJaDe »

Already in AOS

It could use a rework though
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I don't see anything besides yari ashigaru.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Ooff. I thought in my head they both mean soldiers but i guess they are indeed not the same.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Woah,you thing the same ideia that i
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Is this a total mod for aos? Too many total war content references!!!
I know is not that way, but lots of suggestions here remind me to those days playing tw games
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

For the context, there will also be the naginata samurai and tate shield
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

tanageshima samurai too! lets have some good gunpowder battles on honshu lands
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Okay so,just wait the opinion of @Endru1241
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Mm.. Why mention.

You said to wait but you just mentioned him lol.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Merged.
Also as Yari is very similar to Spear (at least in this usage they are equvalents), I'll quote myself:
Endru1241 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pm Spearmen - would not be any kind of soldiers with spears - most of them would probably be just generalised as swordsmen.
No, spearmen would be a name that describes those, that were prepared to damage cavalry as a priority. It may have been even bigger mass of people, but probably barely trained to hold a weapon (point a spear in right direction) and disciplined to stab mounts , even by the price of their life (maybe paid handsomely for a kill to surviving family).
It takes certain dedication and/or extensive discipline (which may have not been used against real soldiers with higher social standing) to lay on the ground in or go through mud, blood and body parts of comrades, risking being trampled just to stab unprotected belly of an animal.
Age of Strategy design leader
Morningwarrior

Re: Spearman Samurai ANSWERED

Post by Morningwarrior »

this means?
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Morningwarrior wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:19 pm this means?
To put it simply the suggestion of Spearman Samurai is just the unit spearman in-game. Just another name.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

On the contrary - I'd say spearman samurai is more represented by regular samurai (don't fix yourself on weapon shown in graphics - it's only a representation).
Unit of samurai class warriors using yari doesn't fit to be like spearman - dedicated anti-mounted unit, just like e.g. hoplite doesn't get any anti-mounted bonuses.
So, imho for japanese spearman unit - ashigaru is enough.
Age of Strategy design leader
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

From what I know, Japanase weren't used to fighting against cavalry even when they fought the Chinese.

They are more likely to just avoid them and I even saw some case in where even some small contingent of cavalry easily piercing some infantry formation.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Which goes on to represent their anti mounted capability is weak, then no range 2 pike for japanese
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

godOfKings wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:22 pm Which goes on to represent their anti mounted capability is weak, then no range 2 pike for japanese
but there is another spear that was a Japanese pike much larger than a normal one. but that and subject for another time
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

the question is that the samurai used the same weapons as the ashigarus, but it was obvious that they had a much higher discipline, armor and training.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Of course, we have a katana and nodachi samurai, I see no problem with putting on a yari, naginata and tate shield, especially since the troops in Asia have a very small number compared to the rest.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

How is the number less compared to nords, romans or church (may b slightly church but church has both most units and most expensive units) japan has 1 of the best anti building infantry unit and the most versatile stealth unit, plus the only nation with gun powder unit that is affected by bushido aura so its the cheapest and highest dmg dealing ranged unit, wat else is japanese lacking? i already suggested my version of cheap anti mounted yari ashigaru unit and endru has more or less accepted that version as well, also there is another suggestion of mounted naginata samurai with power range, with this except for siege japanese will b quite versatile

Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

godOfKings wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:18 pm How is the number less compared to nords, romans or church (may b slightly church but church has both most units and most expensive units) japan has 1 of the best anti building infantry unit and the most versatile stealth unit, plus the only nation with gun powder unit that is affected by bushido aura so its the cheapest and highest dmg dealing ranged unit, wat else is japanese lacking? i already suggested my version of cheap anti mounted yari ashigaru unit and endru has more or less accepted that version as well, also there is another suggestion of mounted naginata samurai with power range, with this except for siege japanese will b quite versatile
well you have two points here, the truth and that I wanted to have an ashigaru version and another samurai version, ashigarus are a very weak and low class type of troops, having a samurai version would be interesting for the game and that's why I I also suggested the ashigaru yari

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”