Trench digger

Castleking

Trench digger

Post by Castleking »

I don't know if it is possible, but i was thinking it would interesting to have a worker type unit that would be able to change the background tiles. For example digging a list around a castle or a trench between two bodies of water. Another idea would be to change a rocky area to flat so units could pass through.
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Trench digger

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Sounds like a cool idea, and a pretty nifty unit...

However I think this unit might ruin some maps that were made with terrain that were ment to provide some sort of challenge.

Only the trench idea might work if it can only do it on the regular grass tiles.
OLÉ
Detros

Post by Detros »

See this thread about trenches themselves.
I am going to get back to it and finish the images, hopefully somewhere in new few days.
LordCthulhu

Post by LordCthulhu »

Puss_in_Boots wrote:Sounds like a cool idea, and a pretty nifty unit...

However I think this unit might ruin some maps that were made with terrain that were ment to provide some sort of challenge.

Only the trench idea might work if it can only do it on the regular grass tiles.
Well, i think it can be locked in this situation as an game option ( Trench diggers locked/unlocked ) or a map characteristic.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

LordCthulhu wrote:
Puss_in_Boots wrote:Sounds like a cool idea, and a pretty nifty unit...

Well, i think it can be locked in this situation as an game option ( Trench diggers locked/unlocked ) or a map characteristic.
Maybe a random map only unit where the host can set them on or off, but if it becomes usable in campaign it might become too complicated for the developer.

It could also become, like the special worker, a campaign only 'hero' unit. :)
OLÉ

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”