Option Button Trigger?

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Dan301002

Option Button Trigger?

Post by Dan301002 »

Basically a condition trigger that add Option Button to the dialog chat (?), different button can lead to other different triggers.

If you could make this it will be easier to make it so that the campaign will set you to choose your own route.
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
Sunrise Samurai

Re: Option Button Trigger?

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Possible already through acting on instructions. For example, move the hero to this area for option A, while disabling option B. Move the hero to this other area for the other way around. If there's no hero, just make it a kind of unit you are likely to have (like an archer)
The glorious sun rises again
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Dan301002 wrote:Basically a condition trigger that add Option Button to the dialog chat (?), different button can lead to other different triggers.

If you could make this it will be easier to make it so that the campaign will set you to choose your own route.
sounds interesting - can you give me a few example triger you would make with it? thanks!
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Let's see the example first. (Good game btw)
Example
Example
Screenshot_2017-10-12-20-51-37.jpg (191.38 KiB) Viewed 1501 times
You see that option buttons? The top will make you and your units go head-ons fighting the barbars, the down will just make you turtle, and pick them off with your acher. They are choices you can make, different choices will lead to different routes.

This thing will go along with "Dialog Chat" when activated. Choosing one will lead it to activate another trigger. I think it is a good idea to have things like this, since the story are a bit lock-on and doesn't have much variety.

The good things is that it may become more easy to occur trigger (sometime must do correct things, but now with words about situation and option you can makes it easier, depends on the map creator tho), little bit variety to the story, and why not a story explanation about your fight Vs the boss? (With option, you can attack or block the boss)
Bad things is it may become complex to the trigger making (or maybe not) and will make it a little bit heavier.

Example (protagonist is a general that defend the Baurksia border, he have a fort) :
Trigger 1 =
- Cond: Player1's turn nr1 has started. (Started on turn one)
- Eff: Message Dialog (And your scout comes to you, he say "my liege, i had scouted the areas somewhere in the Baurksia border, they have amassed their units around the border, i worry they will start a war with us!" With your wits, you choose to...)
-Cond: Option Button (1.Stay vigilant, they may attack. You told them to stay vigilant so it will trigger another effect, they will put in an area where you will easily repel the ambush)
-Cond: Option Button (2.Attack! We will surprise them. Basically attacking them heads on, moving the units you have near the enemy)
-Cond: Option Button (3.Put your units on the front. Only cover the front, will lead to their successful ambush)

I dunno if it's enough, what i know is it will be possible. :P
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.

Return to “Others”