Quicker online matches.

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
SirDoucheBag

Quicker online matches.

Post by SirDoucheBag »

Due to the fact that most people who play online use private passwords it's hard to find players who are constantly active so I propose that instead of kicking them from the game and turning them into an A.I. we simply remove them entirely and the TC's return to neutral. It's gets to the point where I have literally waited days for players before I kicked them but its saddening because then it's no longer a online game and I don't see a point in playing that map anymore So I delete it. Further resulting in finding the level system for online play as in reliability is increasingly difficult to Level due to lack of constant play. I utterly enjoy the idea of playing this game with players who do play but for those who end up being the only one left at least have like an automatic winner so we May increase our rank opening availability in game.
Normal is an illusion.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Quicker online matches.

Post by Stratego (dev) »

There was thread for this already. Plesse find it and link it here so i can merge them.
SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

My apologies boss I'll look for it but do I just copy and paste in a reply?
Normal is an illusion.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well, if you just join some random game, there is at least a 90% chance that you won't finish it, and if you do, it will just be you vs many AI. Most of the password protected games are, well, password protected because they don't just want random casuals to join and then not finish.

However, even if you don't have friends or siblings who play age of strategy, you can still easily join a password protected game with other active players (or make one!)
If you want to play an online game with people who (probably) won't quit on you, create a password protected game and post a recruitment topic in the multiplayer section.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

the badge system is for filtering out non-responsive players.
create games with high badge requirement and u will have good players.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I'd like a faster online game where you don't close the game but you have to stay online and act in a timespan of 5 minutes passing automatically the turn.
I would also tie that on little maps, cause in bigger maps the time might be too short
Age of Fantasy design leader
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Alexander82 wrote:I'd like a faster online game where you don't close the game but you have to stay online and act in a timespan of 5 minutes passing automatically the turn.
I would also tie that on little maps, cause in bigger maps the time might be too short

This is the only way tourneys will ever work.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

I personally cannot for the love of AOS. Not create an online match. (Took screen shots and talking to dev. Via email) but I didn't even think of looking on here for game recruitment thank you for the suggestion I will look for some.
Normal is an illusion.

Return to “Others”