Storm of Swords Strategy

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Storm of Swords Strategy

Post by DoomCarrot »

So, someone mentioned a GoT version of age of strategy, and I thought the idea was absolutely fantastic, being a huuuuge ASoIaF fan myself. I am basically (not trying to brag) an expert in this field, so I have already come up with many faction and unit ideas. :)

Factions:

The North The largest of the seven kingdoms, ruled by house Stark.
Special Units Northern pikemen, Wolfsguard

The Vale A mountainous realm, known for their fantastic archers. Ruled by house Arryn.
Special Units Vale archer, maybe upgrades to Vale armored archer.

Dorne The southernmost kingdom, hot and sandy, known for their love of spears. Ruled by house Martell.
Special Units Dornish spearman, Sand Snakes (Oberyn's elite bastard daughters).

The Iron Islands A Northwestern kingdom, known for its brutal society, and its fierce ironborn warriors. They are great seafarers and are ruled by house Greyjoy.
Special Units Ironborn Longboat, Ironborn retainer.

The Westerlands The most notoriously rich, corrupt, and powerful of the seven kingdoms. They are known for their wealth, their knights, and their ruthless leader, Lord Tywin. They are ruled by house Lannister.
Special Units Westerland knights, Kingsguard.

The Stormlands The poorest and most dismal of the seven kingdoms. However, they are known for their fierocity in battle. They are ruled by House Baratheon.
Special Units Stormland hunters, Stormland Hammerknights.

The Reach The most peaceful and exotic of the seven kingdoms. They are known for their political fickleness, and their fertile land is known as the "breadbasket of westeros." They are ruled by the house Tyrell.
Special Units Reach Crossbowmen, Reach halberdiers.

THESE NEXT ONES ARE JUST IDEAS. I have not really created ideas for them

The Riverlands

The Three Sisters

Dragonstone

Dothraki

The Free Cities-Lys, Myr, Tyrosh, Braavos, Pentos, Volantis, Lorath, Norvos, and Qohor

Gameplay ideas-I think it would be cool to add a "political system" of strategy to this version, seeing as the GoT universe revolves around polotics. I have many ideas for this, including being able to ally with other AI, but this will make everybody else hate you. Also, being able to sign contracts with sellsword companies would be really cool. I think this game should involve some sort of currency, which can be used to purchase sellsword companies, which act like friendly AI or something maybe.

Any ideas? Or is this whole thing just over the top. :geek:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
balint

Re: Storm of Swords Strategy

Post by balint »

I like the idea. I am a huuge fan too, and what about making the factions based on the big and major houses?
Starks, Arryns,Lannister... and so on.
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
ejm29

Re: Storm of Swords Strategy

Post by ejm29 »

I don't really know anything at all about game of thrones. But the gameplay sound fun! :)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."

Return to “Others”