A bit of help in pixel art

Put here any posts that are totally OFF TOPIC - has no connection with AOS/AOF, SWS and so on.
Ayush Tiwari

A bit of help in pixel art

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

I know there are many topics,where the things are always asked about the pixel art.But I just wanted to clarify it in detail....
We always had legendary artists,like MightyGuy,Avalyn,Patroid and so on...
But now,we lack many of them,so it would be quite useful if we prepare many forumers for pixel art.GoK,LOA and Lynx Shafir etc, are quite good on this,so if they could describe their views on:

How to improve the skills for making a whole new image and not editing an existing one(I am the worst in this)?

How to make a good texture for image?

What should be focused while editing?

From where do get your inspirations?
And anything which can be helpful...
Homo homini lupus
Field marshal Mick

Re: A bit of help in pixel art

Post by Field marshal Mick »

I have a interest in learning how to do this and anything else that has to do with creating on these games.
He who gets there Firstus with the Mostus
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Field marshal Mick wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:23 am I have a interest in learning how to do this and anything else that has to do with creating on these games.
I just love ur passion about helping.I would say making JSONs and doing pixel art has huge demand these days,JSON is not possible for me,so I go naturally with making images...
Homo homini lupus
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I only use pixly app in android, the best thing about it is that it is very easy to switch from one colour to another, just by scrolling some bars from 0 to 100% , one hint especially for ayush, the hsbl part has 3 bars, the top bar is to select which colour u need , red , blue, green, yellow etc.

The second bar is to control which shade of the colour u need, for red, light shade will give pink and human skin colours, while dark shade will give blood red to wooden colours etc.

The third bar (bottom most) is mainly for shading, it controls how much 'light' falls on a certain region of the body, by controlling this bar u can apply 3D effect to different bodies of Ur image.

The problem with aos sprite is that size is small, so u have to choose between better 3D effect or better details on the image, if u can find a balance between these 2 u can make awesome images

The hardest part of pixly is choosing the right colour from first and second bar, once u get the right colour, u apply it on Ur image, them use 3rd bar to apply different light and dark shades of this colour to make it more 3Dish
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

godOfKings wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:29 am I only use pixly app in android, the best thing about it is that it is very easy to switch from one colour to another, just by scrolling some bars from 0 to 100% , one hint especially for ayush, the hsbl part has 3 bars, the top bar is to select which colour u need , red , blue, green, yellow etc.

The second bar is to control which shade of the colour u need, for red, light shade will give pink and human skin colours, while dark shade will give blood red to wooden colours etc.

The third bar (bottom most) is mainly for shading, it controls how much 'light' falls on a certain region of the body, by controlling this bar u can apply 3D effect to different bodies of Ur image.

The problem with aos sprite is that size is small, so u have to choose between better 3D effect or better details on the image, if u can find a balance between these 2 u can make awesome images

The hardest part of pixly is choosing the right colour from first and second bar, once u get the right colour, u apply it on Ur image, them use 3rd bar to apply different light and dark shades of this colour to make it more 3Dish
Wow!Using pixly already so I know what to do from now on.....
Also,If you could give a little help about starting from scratch,then I would really appreciate it....
Homo homini lupus
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

use black colour to completely draw the outline of image, its just like drawing on an art paper, except the canvas has 'block' dots instead of a smooth line

first u sketch the body, then u colour the insides, colouring is mostly experimentation and practise till u get right
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

If you decide to work on pc I recommend using gimp 2
~Gral.Sturnn
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi,
Well in all my years i went from making them on phone to pc and from even paint in the beginning to in my opinion
the best software if u dont got acces to photoshop for this for PC's. Paint.net.
Paint.net is basically an advanced paint with the amount of possibilities that exceeds gimp and is highly moddable due to its addon system.
It also has alot good selection tools and stuff. i also use a graphic tabled sometimes in the process.

i wrote this a few times already but i plan on finally doing it ( last time it failed due to recording and internet issues).
i plan on simply screen recording the next time i do something so u kinda can see my process.

patroid
patroid

Post by patroid »

first video is recorded.
uploading with my connection speed at a good quality will take DAYS.
(actually about 8 hours for 15 mins of video)

should i do a timelapse thingy instead or do you want a full step by step realtime thing?
or should i narrow it down to 5 main techniques and a simple 5 -10 min tutorial like video?
caus half the screen time is repetitive stuff.

patroid
Attachments
sadasdasd.png
sadasdasd.png (1.47 KiB) Viewed 2626 times
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

patroid wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:55 pm first video is recorded.
uploading with my connection speed at a good quality will take DAYS.
(actually about 8 hours for 15 mins of video)

should i do a timelapse thingy instead or do you want a full step by step realtime thing?
or should i narrow it down to 5 main techniques and a simple 5 -10 min tutorial like video?
caus half the screen time is repetitive stuff.

patroid
Is it uploaded, can I see it. I didn't quite understand the pixly app. If it's uploaded can you send me the link to it? The guide in pixly app doesn't help me. Maybe a video tutorial would most probably work for me. It would be of great help.

Anyways
Have a great day!

Return to “OFF Topics”