First Login :)

Put here any posts that are totally OFF TOPIC - has no connection with AOS/AOF, SWS and so on.
LordOfAles

First Login :)

Post by LordOfAles »

On my first login, i knew absolutely nothing :lol: I didn't know how to make units, or JSONs, or even how to differentiate old from new posts. I didn't even know how to look at the date, and always kept looking at player join date! Good times...
My first post was pretty naive:
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=3331&start=30
I was probably funnier then than now :). My first contact with another forumer was contact with PussInBoots, now one of my best friends and an excellent admin on our discord server. First contact was in Atl-atl post(i suppose),where he set atl-atl on a way of implememtation!(Thanks buddy ;) ). Some time passed. I finally learned how to draw(yet even now some of my art suck, but who cares, i always aim to improve) Then i met Sunrise Samurai, also now one of my best friends and an admin on our discord server. At first i thought he was some smart - ass dude that wants to point out himself(no offense), but he turned out to be an ok guy. When we befriended, i made him an avatar(yes, the outdated samurai with an ugly face). Later i started making campaigns, althou not quality ones. It is probably because i make 1 map in 10 minutes...hmm...can't help it. There were of course some enemies, but i would rather not talk about it. They are gone now. Month later i felt like a real member of a community! I met many great people like Typhoon, Belfry777, godOfKings, Alexander82, etc..Annnd that it. Not interesting that much i know, but here i am! People keep pming me telling im a star and such. Well, don't. Im just a simple plain forumer that likes contributing to the game. Like all of you.

Well that was my first login story, anybody mind sharing theirs? :)
Last edited by LordOfAles on Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: First Login :)

Post by Stratego (dev) »

lovely story! thanks! :)
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Excellent story. Now if you could just animate it into a small movie..... :lol: just joking lol
The glorious sun rises again
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I mainly joined the forum to report a bug :lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely no idea how did I actually come this far :lol:
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Beginner's luck i guess :lol: :lol: :lol:
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I joined to forum because i wanted to add new race for AoF.
Here this topic: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4477&p=44315#p44315
Still don't know about json.
But as a member of at least 12 fourms i wasn't so new to this forum.
Only to specific aspects like voting and different sections for different unit types.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

The whole reason I joined the forum was to get access to AoF before it was publicly released. Helping shape it was just a bonus.
The glorious sun rises again
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i joined the forum... lol :)

i created the forum to find creative people who can help me with ideas - it was success! and much much more! - i have met very valuable, agile, produuctive and kind (and many other nice featured) people who literally live with the games!

thanks! :)
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Well.....I had been waiting for a topic like this,because I wanted to apologize to Puss....

Well,the very first I came was 20th September,Named Ayush Tiwari(that is my housename,in reality,I am known as {redacted due to privacy reasons ;)}.The reason to join this forum was mostly,because I wanted to get some answers to how to complete the campaign maps of AoS,because I was new to this game,at the time,I joined the forum,as time passed,I started posting replies etc.,and I then began playing AoF,because a guy in the AoS global Chatbox told me that AoF is like,Age Of Mythology(from Microsoft Corporation),and has Lotr storyline etc.,I was fan of both things,and I began playing it,after a time came,I got very happy....stupid thing,but......my Map Editor question started getting discussion from some big forum members,well,another thing was......I felt that Hardeep is good person,but I saw,that he is no more coming around.After some days,I was answering a topic,then I met PussInBoots,and I saw him little odd(no offence,I felt your name little fun).It was just a co-incidence,that he answered my 3 posts,all against my thought,I then saw him at many places,giving some answers and other things.He again gave an answer against my opinion,that time,he was near about 900+ posts,and I thought he is somehow trying to reach 1000 posts,and become and HOF,but I started feeling if he is a good person,and I also came to knew by an ex-forumer,that Puss,is an intelligent,and honoured forumer.I then realised it.I am afraid,I must say sorry for my thoughts,"WholeSome American".And then,I met Sunrise,I considered him an experienced guy,who likes sharing knowledge and helping us.I like him.It was then,when I got more friendly with newcomers like Menselot,Belfry,Grakahn,Rikoargatha,RavanCloak etc.
I also used to think that SomeGuy,and CoolGuy,are enemies.
I also like Stratego,because he has seen generations,coming and going from the forum,and his great work.
Last edited by Ayush Tiwari on Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Homo homini lupus
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

NIce story!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Also i must mention that i'm using this nickname everywhere and if you want you can find my real name in this site:
http://www.vk.com
I'm not hiding anything.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Oh yeah, I was posting a lot back then in hopes of raising activity on the forums!

Not sure if it worked or anything, because it could have been more members that came after. ("LordOfAles.") :)
OLÉ
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

It isn't us, it's the atmosphere in forums. Let me tell you an example:
Playing GTA SA

2 Servers:

Server 1: 186/200 players
Server 2: 8/50 players

I joined second, and got shot 3 secs after
I joined the first one, and a totally random guy said "hi"

It's just that people tend to visit more friendly forums/servers/websites/friends/watever, like this forum
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

The first friend I made was TamTam,he was the first to answer my question,and also,the answer to my second question.
I also wrote in a first post a quote,it was:"I think it all began on 19th March,2006(My birthdate),and here I am."
Homo homini lupus
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

pip down Belfry's telling a story...

So once upon a time about two years ago I was playing age of strategy, and the game was updated and added the roman, (this was when the slinger was big) as I read the log I saw it said "join the forum your idea might be in the next update." Sadly I only remembered looking once at the forum, If I had joined then I would be a very prominent figure now, but no. Time passed until again, age of strategy was updated and the log said the same as last time but with a change, not that the invitation too join the aoww test club wasn't there in past updates, but this time I felt called to email the dev and download the game. So I did. And in the email back I joined the forum and made my first post for aoww after about 2 min's of playing,"Hey the range of tanks should be increased!". Yes my first post was a flop, a very ignorant one at best but was my first introduction to my father "Lordofalse"(I call him this because he tought me )I soon was crashed coursed with the title, ANSWERED. Soon I pmed "LordOfAles" about how to make unit images, which I do today because of his help, next I found the fallowing users within a month "Ayush, progamer, midonk and mighty guy ." Then Belfry set out to unite the entire aoww forum under his rule, by commenting on all of the ideas and is known for aoww to this day, and on one of these post's there was a guy named "pussinboots". Who I thought was a weirdo to be honest I mean who names them self after a movie star? Any way I got to know him by these words.
I agree with "pussinboots" even though I don't like his charictor
and that was the begging of me and his friendship.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

pls for once write beginning properly, sometimes ur grammar mistakes make it so confusing, anyways nice story i guess
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Yes.
Homo homini lupus
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

I didn't do that much at all dude, im not saying i shouldn't get the credits tho :)
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

About 4 years ago, I joined the forum just to look around. I was still a noob in strategy games. I stopped playing AoS until 2015. When I returned to AoS I actually love it especially AoF. I visited the forum again and started posting some posts. My first post is about a new race suggestion. Then I got interested with AoWW, so I learnt pixel arts and start making my own. I really want to thank AoS for motivating me to learn arts I have met many people in the forum and I would say this forum got a very good community. Thank you everyone for making my life happy :). Honestly this forum helps me a lot in life (my depression and empty feelings).
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

nice story!
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

That is a nice story.
Thanks!
Josh
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Was mine a nice story?
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Indeed it was,I think all of us have a unique story,all is well that ends well
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Well a bad ending would be I left and said nothing about it.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I believe my first post was the most contributing among everyone else :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

GoK,I don't know very well,when I saw somedays ago your first post,it was I think something related to multiplayer withdraw
Homo homini lupus
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Yes I reported a BUG!!! WAT COULD EVER COME CLOSE TO BEING AS IMPORTANT AS THIS BUG REPORT? (Judgement of this statement should b done in context with firsts posts only to b valid)

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=4470

But aside from this, first time I felt like a real forumer wen I posted my first idea :)

Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

I too remember it was bug in my first post,it was of AoWW,where game was closed on choosing any unit for production
Homo homini lupus
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

I just get over bugs. But I had one while using an face from on the phone but I could not send because the forum dose not support phone faces.

Return to “OFF Topics”