Catapult in this new update - ANSWERED

DreJaDe

Catapult in this new update - ANSWERED

Post by DreJaDe »

In the latest update the catapult now have movable and unmovable form. But they have the same name of catapult cart. Is that intended?

There are now 2 area of effect tech for catapult. Is the effect of the lvl 2 tech adds that 18 dmg or not? If not then what is it, can someone give an explanation about it?

No one said it on the game when they released the update.

There's also no report in the version logs.

Last, is In an all upgrade enabled games, even though it's researched, the catapult still have 15 dmg. Is that intended?
Savra

Re: Catapult in this new update

Post by Savra »

Certain things aren't usually mentioned when they are added, usually it's either minor or a special surprise. It's been done a few times.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Yeah, that's why I also mentioned that they didn't do something cause if I don't, they will ask about it first then won't answer the question itself like whats happening now. Hope I don't have to ask the question again.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Ah, don't worry happens to me all the time.

@Stratego (dev)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

DreJaDe wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:04 am In the latest update the catapult now have movable and unmovable form. But they have the same name of catapult cart. Is that intended?

There are now 2 area of effect tech for catapult. Is the effect of the lvl 2 tech adds that 18 dmg or not? If not then what is it, can someone give an explanation about it?

Last, is In an all upgrade enabled games, even though it's researched, the catapult still have 15 dmg. Is that intended?
one should be trebuchet cart, aother is catapult cart.
if both time catapult cart it will be than there is a bug in jsons i believe.

area of effect, dunno, please ask @Alexander82

version logs: i try to put everything that i can see on changes, for more detailed version logs please ask @Alexander82
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

DreJaDe wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:04 am In the latest update the catapult now have movable and unmovable form. But they have the same name of catapult cart. Is that intended?

Names are probably wrong.

Yes it is intended to have 2 area of effect techs because we are planning to make 2 additional tiers for trebushet and catapult. No 2nd lvl won't add more damage. First tier now will increase power range of catapult by +1 and second also by +1.

Yes it is intended. Catapult now is jsoned and has proper bonuses to buildings and also alex wanted to lower its usability as aoe anti-unit and because its damage was lowered.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Names are probably wrong.
no, the namings are good in strings file, just checked, maybe the transformation setup is not good
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

About the names I will check them

Damage won't reach old values because we focused on damage dealt to buildings (by raising bonuses)

In future versions we'll add additional techs and tiers for siege units
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - Reporting Issues”