Monastery Balancing

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.

Moderator: Endru1241

Squirrel5555

Monastery Balancing

Post by Squirrel5555 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:19 pm

Well ive been using the new crusader units a lot and wanted to put my thoughts out on the balancing. I think it would be good to discuss these things as im not too sure about it and havent played with the new units too long

1)should the monastery train units like the disband knight? Seems like the units are too similar to castle units and dont make much sense with the theme
2) i think i discussed this earlier with endru, teuton knight should be taken out of castle as he said it is meant for unique units. Also maybe make it trainable in priory? Seems like a waste of time to train out of mega buildings which can produce much more powerful and unique units. Also priory feels empty right now
3)priory feels empty right now, mentioned above
4)new mounted teutonic knight feels underpowered, loses in a one on one fight against cavalier even if it attacks first
I think the 6 turn cost is justified on templars who have a very strong healing ability(very useful) however would propose to move mounted teutonic cost down to 5 as conversion is risky and definitely weaker than healing, loses to cavalier and nearly heavy knight and cant even scratch a templar
5)Some visual problems such as komtur feathers staying pink( wrong shade of pink and didnt turn into team colour i guess), similar problem on some stages of monastery building

And finally, is there some other calculations behind conversion, because i was trying to convert units with my teutons and it worked very rarely? :D
Anyway sorry for rant

godOfKings

Re: Monastery Balancing

Post by godOfKings » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:33 pm

I m not really sure but i have noticed if u try to convert a single unit multiple times the chance might increase
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:59 pm

Also

1) Komtur seems unable to convert, even though he has the 'ability' button

2) does his divine right aura improve conversion chance?

3)Is conversion worth it, except in specific circumstances?
You trade an attack for a chance to convert a unit, which seems to be quite low. i understand priests having this ability as they are only good for that and healing, but it doesnt seem to be very useful for a front-line unit, especially since you need to be touching the unit you want to convert

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:12 am

It would b useful wen loyalty points became a thing and forceful conversion damaged opponents loyalty instead of random chance so u r guaranteed to convert wen opponents loyalty became 0
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:27 am

godOfKings wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:12 am
It would b useful wen loyalty points became a thing and forceful conversion damaged opponents loyalty instead of random chance so u r guaranteed to convert wen opponents loyalty became 0
This actually sounds like a really good system :D
Becuase right now id rather attack instead of convert because convert chances are so low

Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:32 am

and you could add new ways to 'heal' loyalty.
Eg. The bard playing music, or if you pay that unit money( even if not mercenary)

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:33 pm

Squirrel5555 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:59 pm
Also

1) Komtur seems unable to convert, even though he has the 'ability' button

2) does his divine right aura improve conversion chance?

3)Is conversion worth it, except in specific circumstances?
You trade an attack for a chance to convert a unit, which seems to be quite low. i understand priests having this ability as they are only good for that and healing, but it doesnt seem to be very useful for a front-line unit, especially since you need to be touching the unit you want to convert
Sorry for late answer.
I am fixing Komtur - indeed he and teuton lancer couldn't convert.
I am also adding +5% bonus to conversion chance to komtur aura.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Unit balancing”