Labourers as bridge builders?

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
phoenixffyrnig

Labourers as bridge builders?

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Yes, the humble labourer, our dear friends who are masters of nowt but the crudest of wooden structures, and hammering in a few nails put in place by our skilled workers.

I can't help but feel that these guys ought to be able to build a wooden bridge (but at a cost of 3 turns, not 2). Is this something that was deliberately avoided to make them only really useful in tandem with workers, or a capability that is open to debate?

Your thoughts on this topic, dear people, would be happily received :)
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
TheSenate-_-

Re: Labourers as bridge builders?

Post by TheSenate-_- »

If they can build a watch tower they can lay some wood across some water. Yes definitely with you here
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:03 pm Yes, the humble labourer, our dear friends who are masters of nowt but the crudest of wooden structures, and hammering in a few nails put in place by our skilled workers.

I can't help but feel that these guys ought to be able to build a wooden bridge (but at a cost of 3 turns, not 2). Is this something that was deliberately avoided to make them only really useful in tandem with workers, or a capability that is open to debate?

Your thoughts on this topic, dear people, would be happily received :)
Well, they were supposed to be only helpers.
On the other hand laborers were recently made weaker, as they are building catapults slower, than workers.
Bridge is important strategic resource and I wonder if they should be able to make it.
But we can, as a test allow them to build rowboats.
Eventually some sort of even simpler bridge can be added (to work like stationary rowboat - only allows infantry movement) or wooden bridge allowed.
Age of Strategy design leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I'd say it is fine to allow for laborers to build wooden bridge since they can build palisades.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

OK. Laborers can now build rowboats - let's see how much it changes first.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Unit balancing”