fire archer and burning effectiveness against ships

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
godOfKings

fire archer and burning effectiveness against ships

Post by godOfKings »

@Endru1241 i am starting a new topic as continuation to wat was discussed in carracks, right now fire archer having a high hp safe heaven in the sea gives it a really huge advantage,

i say remove the bonus of fire archers against ships entirely, or keep at most 50% bonus, the reason y fire archer was so good against ships b4 was simply cause there were not many substitutes, but now there r thanks to u :)

wat makes fire archer so effective against ships, is it the arrows? no its the burning effect, and now there are many substitutes for applying burning effects, including putting a raider in viking ship/ carrack

my suggestion is simply increase the effectiveness of burning effect itself, may b 100% (8 damage) it deals high damage but can also b repaired in the nick of time to save the ships, as discussed in email, we should make ballista the main anti ship ground unit from now on, while fire archer should b like poison archer, dealing dmg over time to slowly whittle away enemy ships instead

also we can give the 150% bonus of fire archers to raiders instead (since fire ship has two range, a melee raider should b more effective than fire ship)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Re: fire archer and burning effectiveness against ships

Post by Endru1241 »

That's right - even fire siphon ship has only +200% and it's almost pure fire.
I think +80% - 100% would be correct for fire arrows (9 -10 base damage), so it would deal 5-6 damage at most to ships.
The same bonus should be applied to any unit with burning weapon - raider, fortress, fire archer etc.

Meanwhile burning effect could be increased to 6 to not make so drastic change (+50% instead of twice the damage).
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Re: fire archer and burning effectiveness against ships

Post by godOfKings »

alright, thats better
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Return to “Unit balancing”