Unit damage imunity ANSWERED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Morningwarrior

Unit damage imunity ANSWERED

Post by Morningwarrior »

Units with armor points greater than damage from the attacking opponent are unharmed, for example the foot knight has 4 armor points, a pike has 4 damage and this makes the foot knight immune to pike damage. and it would be much better in my opinion as the spartan hoplite to deal damage from a peasant that deals 1 max or a squire with a ram now 18 pierce armor still receiving 1 max damage, it would be better to upgrade this damage system on game.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Endru1241

Re: Unit damage imunity

Post by Endru1241 »

Nah - I don't like that.

In my believe hp represents a combination of resilience/endurance, physical build, experience (or training), armor (destructible, weaker parts), position (mount). Maybe even some more things I forgot about right now.
Any soldier is affected by battle - they become tired, armor is getting wearied down. That's why units do loose 1 hp - it's representation of cumulation of little damage (like bleeding) and weariness.

Balance-wise I don't think virtually indestructible units are good - any unit should be defeated by cumulation of damage by bigger number of weaker units, even if it's not tactically reasonable to do it.
Age of Strategy design leader
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

But that's what I thought I knew you wouldn't agree with, but it was really kind of an imbalance to the game in the end, you're right.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Morningwarrior wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:29 pm Units with armor points greater than damage from the attacking opponent are unharmed, for example the foot knight has 4 armor points, a pike has 4 damage and this makes the foot knight immune to pike damage. and it would be much better in my opinion as the spartan hoplite to deal damage from a peasant that deals 1 max or a squire with a ram now 18 pierce armor still receiving 1 max damage, it would be better to upgrade this damage system on game.
Why knight would become immune to pike?
Pikeman has bonus against knight.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

"Foot knight" - heavy infantry unit with 4/3 armor in first tier already.
Hoplite could be used as even better example - zeroing damage after armor would make him impervious to swordsman (without blacksmith, aura or buffs).
Age of Strategy design leader
Morningwarrior

Re: Unit damage imunity ANSWERED

Post by Morningwarrior »

Yean this mecanic would unbalance some units and others would be very over power.

Return to “Unit balancing”