Auxillaries

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
StormSaint373

Auxillaries

Post by StormSaint373 »

The Auxillaries need to be affected by the Legion command buff bestowed by the centurian.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
godOfKings

Re: Auxillaries

Post by godOfKings »

I believe they already r affected

There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Huh, they must have fixed that... Excellent!

What unit is that? The one standing above the assassin? Not seen it in map editor...
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I believe it is easter egg coolguy unit.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

People were complaining that ai could make cool guy, and he didn't get any damage so I tested him in map editor

If u want to know, his weakness r, full damage from ability atk like shuriken of ninja, full damage from units with bonus like Knight, and wen cool guy atks, he himself gets counter atk damage, otherwise this unit is mostly bugged
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Ah...

Rome needs it's spearmen...

I would be willing to make a auxillary spearman

Also, early roman units

Hastati
Princape
Triarii
Velite
Equite

Could they be recruited from the roman barracks?
Could they be affected by legion command
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Deomedarii is a roman spearman but with other benefits besides one hit kill bonus,

That's y I completed it so fast

About other units, I don't know, may b 2 turn units, but I need to check stats

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

I am meaning for a foot spearman. While the Deomadarii is useful, it is a cavalry unit and is vulnerable to Spears itself...

Stats seem a little too low for a 2 turn cost, but that's just me...
I thought Romans were able to throw Pilum...
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I don't want auxiliary spearman because according to cool guy, any spear infantry must b weak enough to b 2 hit killed by knights, that would mean either he has as low HP as pikeman or he has high HP like voulgier but gets bonus damage from cavalry

On other units, we need to list their stats, discuss abilities, determine purpose in gameplay and finally decide if they should b playable in multiplayer and how much cost

Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Do you guys think we could add different nationalitys of Auxillaries? Like German Auxillaries who were one of Caesars most trusted and reliable units. Or some of Spanish types.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

sure, describe their history please and wat role they played, (were they only for defending against barbarian invasion or used in roman expansion too?) as well as wat kind of weapons they used

Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Okay my scope of history is not big however I do know that Caesar went into Gual with 2 legions and left with 12, and that was comprised of both calv and infantry. From further study I found that the majority of the Auxiliaries had mail armor, the gladius sword and the same helmet as the legionnaires. As for calvery, I have seemed to come across 3 main types light, heavy and elite. The light calvery were made up of trained men with just a shield and spear and according to the site below were very good. The heavy calvery (Basically a cataphract) used their shear weight to smash through enemy lines, they carried a sword and mail armor. The elite calvery were just a taste of both types. Their were also ranged Auxillaries who were some of the best of the age.

Good pictures and history: https://weaponsandwarfare.com/2016/12/27/roman-auxilia/
Historical reference: https://www.knowtheromans.co.uk/Categor ... anAuxilia/
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

we currently have all the auxiliaries u suggested, foot swordsman with same hp as legionary but slightly less armor and small shield so vulnerable to arrows, archer with 6 range, skirmisher with 4 range, both better than basic archer and skirmisher, a light cavalry with the exact description u gave, also centurion can b considered heavy knight in game

on the other hand i want to do a vote, auxiliaries r quite balanced for 3 turn cost units, the problem is early on they r too random and might not give the right unit i m looking for, late game they r useless against castle and catapult spams, so my vote is how many people supports just directly recruiting each auxiliary separately instead of getting any unit depending on chance

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Hm. Direct recruitment for auxillaries... Sounds not so bad.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Auxillary spearman

Stats
Cost: 3
Hp: 23
Att: 6
Armor: 1/0
Speed: 3
Vision: 4

Bonuses: Cavalry: 350%, Heavy units (like elephant) 650%
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

With this HP, they will also b getting bonus DMG from mounted units, according to cool guys rule

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Also this is unit balancing section, not making aux random is a balance suggestion, but spearman is new unit, so better to suggest new aux spearman in a new topic on unit infantry section

Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

If we have the Auxillaries produced separably, then we have to make them cheep like 3 turns for the calvery units. I am in support of this.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

How about a 4 turn tech (Recruit Auxiliaries) gem upgrade will go to that tech, once researched all auxiliaries will b available in build lists?

Return to “Unit balancing”