Weapons used against buildings IMPLEMENTED

Things that did not fit to the other parts
Post Reply
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9414
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Weapons used against buildings IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) » Wed May 29, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi, anybody knows which wepons were used against buildings?

there are meny terms i am not sure: howitzer, mortar, assault gun, cannon and so on.

my qusion is which kind of weapons were used to damage/level buildings.

(only one i know are bomber planes - and in game only those have bonus against buildings, and i want to give bonus for anti-building cannons too)

thanks!

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9414
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: Weapons used against buildings Question

Post by Stratego (dev) » Wed May 29, 2019 4:43 pm

i made it that howitzers and assault guns will have bonus against mega buildiings, tell me if more needed.

User avatar
DoomsdayDragonfire
Posts: 747
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:20 am
Location: Terra - Brasil

Re: Weapons used against buildings Question

Post by DoomsdayDragonfire » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:42 am

Well, there is no specific kind of weapon for that... Or cathegory... Any high caliber weapon is able to go well vs buildings, it all depends on the ammunition used.

Fun fact: On ww2, unlike the belief that most of tank crews used to carry lots of armor piercing rounds on their tanks, it got stated by US ordnance departament that most of crews had the racks filled with around 80% of the ammo capacity with just High explosive ammunition. The remaining 20% was divided between AP rounds and smoke ammunition. Why? It was expected that the chance of enemy infantry (usually hidden in buildings) was much more likeable to apear than an enemy vehicle... A clear sight of care and priority to support the advancing allied infantry. By blowing buildings, bridges or any point holding the infantry advance.

So against buildings, usually high explosive rounds (HE) or vs reinforced buildings, High Explosive armor piercing rounds (Heap), or even incendiary rounds where used.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9414
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: Weapons used against buildings Question

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:10 am

ok we have no ammo type here so we should indicate which unit is against what kind uf units.
so i think tanks are good against infantry and other tanks is thir role
and howitzers (maybe assault guns?) are against guildings and infantry

is it a good approach?

User avatar
Puss_in_Boots
Posts: 2600
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 am

Re: Weapons used against buildings Question

Post by Puss_in_Boots » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:07 am

We can also give rocket launcher weapons a bonus against buildings because they always use shaped charge (HEap) ammunition. They were supposed to be cost 3 because they are both anti building and tank.
RED, WHITE and BLUE!

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9414
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: Weapons used against buildings Question

Post by Stratego (dev) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:34 pm

you mean the bazzoka like hand weapons? or the katyusha like ones?

User avatar
Puss_in_Boots
Posts: 2600
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 am

Re: Weapons used against buildings Question

Post by Puss_in_Boots » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:19 pm

The bazooka weapons.
RED, WHITE and BLUE!

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9414
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: Weapons used against buildings Question

Post by Stratego (dev) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:45 pm

ok i gave to bazooka!
panzerjage and panzershreck?

User avatar
Puss_in_Boots
Posts: 2600
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 am

Re: Weapons used against buildings Question

Post by Puss_in_Boots » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:12 pm

Shreck, not jäger.
RED, WHITE and BLUE!

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9414
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: Weapons used against buildings Question

Post by Stratego (dev) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:01 am

ok, shrek is updated. anything ese on infantry?

Post Reply

Return to “Others”