LCVPs and Paratrooper Planes Summoning

Things that did not fit to the other parts
samuelch

LCVPs and Paratrooper Planes Summoning

Post by samuelch »

Rather than transporting only, they can also summon units. LCVPs summon regular infantry and US marine (US only) with some cooldowns. Paratrooper planes will summon paratroopers. The LCVPs will still have 1 carry capacity for tanks, vehicles, or other infantry types. This idea is meant for the AI to able to use this well for island hopping scenario or paratrooping.
Hyacintho

Re: LCVPs and Paratrooper Planes Summoning

Post by Hyacintho »

That's what I thought I paratrooper plane would be.

A plane which, like the (destroyer?) that lays mines, can summon infantry.

However, I'm not entirely sure about having a landing craft being able to summon infantry with no limit. It should not have a cool down, (because I'm sure they were not going to wait their turn when escaping from a small metal death trap while being shot by machine guns) but rather a limit on how many times you can summon them. For example, the craft can summon only 2 regular infantry and 1 marine unit in addition to whatever it is already carrying.
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

Ok. Just make it have 2 infantry summons and 1 marine summon with 99 turns cooldown.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Or give 3 abilities that each can b used only once per unit
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

Yes, like my idea. 99 turns cooldown makes it impossible to be used again.
Hyacintho

Post by Hyacintho »

The LCVP idea can be implemented with minimal effort it seems. However, we should first create a marine unit to be used for the U.S. and see if there any marine equivalents on the German and Russian sides.

In the meantime, we should start research on the paratrooper plane. What planes were used by each side to deliver paratroopers? Each plane should have its own separate topic, yet all should have limited summons. Samuelch's idea makes sense and undoubtedly would be effective. Unless in the extremely rare scenario that a match drags on for more than 99 turns. Is it possible to have cooldown beyond 99 turns, I wonder?
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

I think it's possible. For US=US Marine, Soviet=Soviet Pekhota, German doesn't need it. Also we need the shore tile to make landing more interesting. Shore tile decrease movements of infantry except marines.
Hyacintho

Post by Hyacintho »

Let's get the Marine and Pekhota implemented, then we can focus on the LCVP. In the meantime, I will research and open a topic for an American paratrooper plane, with Russian and German planes following soon.
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

The tiles, i got that for you, so what you think on adding this?

Also i have some suggestions/questions about this aswell.

First one is: Would it be exclusive to map editor? Or we could use on matches aswell?

Well, capping the skill is a must and i understand that, but isn't there another way to re-use the plane after you drop those units?
It doesn"t have weapons since it is a transport plane... Isn't fast or could give a long sight. And i think landing transformation to pick more units would not work very well on a plane (but would work well on a helicopter)... But Like, i would like to see it pick more troops time to time. So if we could not find another use to the transport plane... Can we add another condition to spawn these units again?
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Return to “Others”