Game Logo and Name

Things that did not fit to the other parts
Hyacintho

Game Logo and Name

Post by Hyacintho » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:17 am

The current logo for the game (the image you see on the play store) doesn't seem, in my opinion, to fit the style set by its predecessor AOS. Below is something that resembles the logo of AOS, but has its own WWII spin.
The name of the game as well seems kind of odd. "Age of World War." To me, it doesnt neccessarily roll off the tongue. How about we figure out a good, 3 word name like Age of Strategy has?
Attachments
logo.png
logo.png (3.65 KiB) Viewed 552 times

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Game Logo and Name

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:59 am

nice concept! please read the android logo guideline and my opinion that it needs a little more contrast to see the content.

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:25 pm

Is the name, World At War taken by any game?
How about World War Strategy?
Age of 1940s
Age of 2nd World War
Age of warfare
Age of the Battlefield
Age of Destruction
Age of guns n' tanks
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Hyacintho

Post by Hyacintho » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:01 pm

World at War is likely taken already, and if it isn't, I think we should keep either the words 'Age' or 'Strategy' in the title so people can recognize the game as a relative of AOS immediately.
World War Strategy is a real good name.
Age of 1940's just sounds weird, besides the war was on in Europe in '39, and in China the war was on since '37.
Age of 2nd World War is, in my opinion, hardly better if not worse than Age of World War.
Age of Warfare isn't too bad, though it is kind of vague concerning most of human history has been an age of warfare.
Age of the Battlefield isn't too bad, though I prefer 3 word titles.
Age of Destruction is a good one, since the destruction in WWII was unprecedented.
Age of Guns N' Tanks just sounds cheesy, and the only cheese I like is the kind I can eat.

With that being said, I suppose the best 3 would be:
World War Strategy,
Age of Warfare ,
Age of Destruction.
I'll nominate a name as well: Age of Calamity, since WWII was an extraordinary calamity and dark time in human history.
Or it could be Age of Calamities, since their were multiple atrocities in the war.

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:29 am

i suppose world war strategy is the most relevant
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Hyacintho

Post by Hyacintho » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:36 pm

There is a game with the name "1941: World War Strategy."
Other than that the name is entirely free to use. Just wondering if we should use it regardless of the other game because their name is a little different. What do you think, is the name still good? Im not entirely sure about using it now.

Its such a good name, a shame others got to it first.

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:56 pm

lets just keep it age of world war, it is the most relatable name to the game and has age of...

Return to “Others”