Go for broke

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
Field marshal Mick

Go for broke

Post by Field marshal Mick »

I just joined the forum and this will be my first time doing something like this. I love history and WW2 is a favorite topic. At first glance of the game I have a campaign idea." Go For Broke" it's the story of 442nd regiment combat team that was comprised of Japanese American soldiers. These men have the distinction of being the most decorated unit of the history of the US army. I am new at the whole game creating thing but I am excited to start researching for accurate maps and events
He who gets there Firstus with the Mostus
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Go for broke

Post by Stratego (dev) »

very welcome! please try to design these maps! thanks!
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Go ahead, I would like to warn you making realistic maps in this game is something I didn't achieve, and I tried. Digging for real battle records and getting something out of them can be pain too. The game will probably still drastically change before publishing probably so I wouldn't be suprised if some of your maps broke more or less, so you might need to edit them. And for really good maps you must learn triggers that are hard for beginners sometimes (I recommend using YT guides). Wish you luck tho, maps are always welcomed.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Field marshal Mick

Post by Field marshal Mick »

I have two more maps to submit,but would like to know what how my first attempt at making a campaign stands amongst my fellow peers
He who gets there Firstus with the Mostus
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Midonik wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:28 am Digging for real battle records and getting something out of them can be pain too.
Actually i encourage making this kind of maps (historically good) all historicalcampaigns should be like this.
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Most of the historical maps do not allow you to produce anything in the villages you capture. It is utterly irritating. Is their a way to fix this?
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

Return to “Map & campaign designs”