Two Kingdoms campaign

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
Disco

Two Kingdoms campaign

Post by Disco »

I believe its up on the dev version.
Just wondering what you guys with it, think of the campaign so far?
Is the balancing ok, too easy or hard? Turn amounts etc..

Its a shame i didnt know how to use triggers back then. Ive only today figured it out. Maybe I could go back to them an have a fiddle.

Any suggestions or/and constructive criticism appreciated. Thanks (please keep in mind these are my first attempts :oops: )
Disco

Re: Two Kingdoms campaign

Post by Disco »

Im not sure about this, but do you guys think its ok to put a sea monster into my campaign? I know its along the fantasy route..but it really would work well with my story-arc.

I will e-mail Daniel anyways...

I was thinking along the lines of this:

Would be great if somebody who has some skill at this could help me out. It would be appreciated! But I dont mind giving it a go myself.

The other thing is of course, the creatures stats etc. Im easy about this, but it would be awesome if it mirrored the catapult ship (maybe minus splash damage). I have no idea about how to do this...or if im even alowed to :?

Then if/when all is good, and finished...how do you actually get it in the game? Thanks :)

Edit:

Also would be great if I could get waterfall made?

Something along these lines:

Image Image

It would be nice 8-)
Last edited by Disco on Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Fantasy units are a complete no- no in aos as i recently asked for the same(mine did not involve any creature but just moving statues) so well u may as well avoid it. However he just might give you the permission. No loss in trying
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Disco

Post by Disco »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:Fantasy units are a complete no- no in aos as i recently asked for the same(mine did not involve any creature but just moving statues) so well u may as well avoid it. However he just might give you the permission. No loss in trying
Ah well, thx for the info mate!
Im hoping it will be OK for croc ;)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes basically no fantasy stuff in AOS, but we can use "monsters" in campaigns of the medieval age, mega octopus, sharks, whales and stuff like these they "faced" those days.
(we can touch the "legends" a bit if that is not obviously unreal "tale")
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Oooh, yes we need waterfall decorations at least :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Are moving statues ok with you?
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Disco

Post by Disco »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:yes basically no fantasy stuff in AOS, but we can use "monsters" in campaigns of the medieval age, mega octopus, sharks, whales and stuff like these they "faced" those days.
(we can touch the "legends" a bit if that is not obviously unreal "tale")
Mega octopus sounds cool! thx :D

Im gonna try with some graphics today for this, and waterfalls. lol Should be interesting :mrgreen:

Hey guys, Ive found an old image on the net. Is it ok to just use this http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?fitem=12033?

Its 32x32.

Nah im shit...tried but cannot make a decent looking image to save my life! Tried GIMP, didnt understand it :roll: So went back to paint lol.

I'll have a look around the net, but I think the chances of finding a waterfall that fits the present cliffs is gonna be impossible :evil:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Quick update on where I am at with map4...

Really struggling with triggers on this one. I think I started it to early before actually planning (also not knowing what can/cant be done). On top of that ive accidentally deleted a couple of triggers (while trying to edit them lol), an having problems of adding new ones (trigger numbers given, e.g trigger#12, even though I already have a trigger #12). I need to add 3 triggers, then delete the previous 2, to get the actual trigger # I want. Yep its complicated, even for me to understand lol

Ive bitten off more than I can chew...going with a RPG style, where each choice you make has an action for/against you. Ive run into walls where I need to literally change alot of triggers, or delete them an do them again. Even if I do this, Im expecting to have to do them again somewhere down the line :(

At this minute..I feel like starting a whole new map maybe easier, an going for a more easier approach. For now im taking a break, my head hurts :x
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Tough luck, man. Sorry. :( Hope you can get it sorted - but stuff like that happens to everyone.
Thanks!
Josh
Disco

Post by Disco »

Thanks for the vote of confidence Coolguy :)

I think i'll start a fresh.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Right been a while, ive had some personal issues as of late :evil:

But im back to finish this!
4th map all but complete, just a little story to do..then will send to Daniel. Ive kept it pretty simple, just to avoid what happened previously. There are triggers, but not too complex lol!

May grind out the last map tomorrow..have a few ideas. It will either be trigger happy, or trigger frustration :lol:
Happy to be back :mrgreen:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Finished it!! Sent to Daniel for a check, but thinking should be ok.

Last map is a bit of a trigger fest, but got through it an done lots of testing :ugeek:
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

HAHAHAHAHAH! I found a bug but it's so funny you shouldn't repair it, please! :D
This map with 4 waggons and some warriors which you can "upgrade" in special place just at the beginning of mission.
You wrote we couldn't try to "upgrade" waggons. Of course I've tried. Inside the waggons I put my soldiers. I've tested hundreds of combinations. What's the trick?
Put three units inside (don't put these who are trasforming to another unit, like bird to ornithopter, second worker to bear or swordmans). For example: two longbowmen and one halberdier.
Normally, longbowman 1 should get upgrade to attack, longbowman 2 to range, and halberdier to hp and attack power, if I remember right. But when they're in waggon...
longbowman 1 gets normal upgrade to attack, but he gets upgrades for longbowman 2 and halberdier AT THE SAME TIME
longbowman 2 - the same
halberdier - the same
And the waggon gets all of these upgrades too!
So I've combined one more time and I got:
-4 waggons which are with new stats... like tanks :D
-very strong halberdiers (1 could attack on 2 tiles)
-ultra strong longbowmen with bigger range
-wise man and 1 worker with 3 action per turn :D
Please don't delete it. Let AOS community check all of combinations :P
Disco

Post by Disco »

HokanPL wrote:HAHAHAHAHAH! I found a bug but it's so funny you shouldn't repair it, please! :D

I think thats why I put, dont upgrade wagons :lol:
I will not be repairing it mate hahaha

Thanks for testing ;)

Return to “Campaign map discussions”