The path of hero knight

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
TheBluePhoenix

The path of hero knight

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Yo guys! I have waited long but there have been supposedly no votes for the christmas maps . Hence, i have decided to convert my christmas map into a campaign as i dont want it to be wasted . i feel the map has huge potential to be starting map of a full fledged campaign. Before i start making changes, i want your opinions
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

SomeGuy

Re: The path of hero knight

Post by SomeGuy »

Alright, so would this be a Christmas campaign?

I could not finish the map, it displays a 'You lost the game' message straight after entering the noble kingdom.

A few other issues I found were:

1. The 'bandits' team in the scoreboard spills over into the next line, maybe you pressed the 'enter' key by mistake?
2. Some decorations appear in weird spots, such as the plants on the water. I think lilypads would work better there.
3. There should be a message dialog telling players to stand next to the neutral templars to talk to them, so players won't be confused if they miss them.
4. Is the second templar with the three actions meant to move three times? He can only move once.

Other than that, I enjoyed it.
Attachments
A picture of the scoreboard issue.
A picture of the scoreboard issue.
Screenshot_2016-02-11-22-01-32.png (238.33 KiB) Viewed 4608 times
Who am I?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

You lost because you were playing too slowly- it is time based and you have to reach near santa before the deadline specified
The spill is by default - but i will check again
The plants looked good so i put them there but maybe you are right- i will change it
I think i have specified to meet the first templar in the dialogues.and all templars are strategically so placed so that you dont miss them
No unit can move more than once- 3 actions mean it can heal/ attack thrice in total
Thanks for the review
Hope you got everything cleared
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Really? It was only the 20th when it showed the message.
Who am I?
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

I remember when I played the map the archers change colours but are disabled, unable to move or attack, so i ended up just sprinting for the nobles, with the huge army destroying my slow units, charging the last army with the nobles and having the noble city crushed. Don't know if you already fixed the disabled archers.
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

@Someguy:please play it again and let me know if you lose again before the deadline
@hardeep- all that shit is fixed.try playing it again

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

I think the 'You lost the game' message may have come up as my Hero Knight unit was killed.

Other than that, I found some terrain bugs, such as:

1. A weird hole in the hills to the north-east of the nobles.
2. A mountain in the river on the upper right corner.
Who am I?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Ok, you can lose that way also
Well i am happy you are playing the map carefully
The hole you are talking about is necessary as it contains an assassin which helps me Not to declare you as winner even after killing every visible enemy unit as i wanted to display a msg in the next turn after all enem. Units are killed. There may be other ways to do it but i was in a bit hurry
The mountains are suppossed to end into the river that is why it is so(just an excuse, but actually the river bed was lookig 2D ish there so i had to put the mountain there.
They both are not bugs, just coverups
Thanks for the review

Return to “Campaign map discussions”