Guardian Of The Border map: Your Opinions.

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need

Moderator: Endru1241

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:51 am

Hi, this is SomeGuy. I have just created my first map, called 'Guardian Of The Border'.

This is only in the DEV version, but I want to see what you think of it, and if there are any bugs before publishing it.
Your feedback would be much appreciated. :)

NOTE: This will be the first map in a campaign, if it is good, I can create more maps for it!
Who am I?

TheBluePhoenix

Re: Guardian Of The Border map: Your Opinions.

Post by TheBluePhoenix » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:29 am

Terrain 5/10( i liked the terrain but could not understand what you had kept in the north west section . The map got over before i did.)
I completed it in 29 turns and i am sure i can complete it within 20
Playability 6/10
a normal map , simple yet enjoyable
triggerring :4/10( dont mind this but generally maps donot have triggers so they get a 0 on this but yours has . But they are basic ones hence a low score)

You may think i am acting cruelly but i know its an introductory map and i am sure theres a lot in store for upcoming maps. Introductory naps generally do garner a low score because they are short,easy and donot convey much of the story line)

So i encourage you to make a full fledge 2 nd map after which i will actually be able to rate your map and get an idea of yr capabilities

WAY TO GO SOMEGUY!!!!!!
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:13 pm

i think this map is very nice, and one of the best maps i have received, nice terrain, triggers and so on, and i will publish it when SomeGuy tells me to.

however i agree that
a) either we need explored setting on visibility
b) or some tricks so the player should walk around
because half of the well designed map is not visible to player.

keep up the good work!

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:14 pm

Yeah its surely publishable give the stupid maps you are being bombed with lately
Waiting for the next map someguy
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:43 am

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

I have sent an updated version of the map to the developer, it should be in the DEV version soon.

I have made a few small changes, such as:
1. Making the map explored.
2. Placing a disabled worker unit on the top left corner. This means you can only win by reaching the castle.
3. When you get close to the castle, enemies spawn in the northeast field.

If there are no issues, the map can be published. However I am waiting a few days to see if any other issues appear. I also encourage you to replay the map to see if the changes improve the map.
Who am I?

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:31 pm

Wow I was very surprised and extremely impressed! :) The storyline was very good and the use of triggers was very immersing.

Only two things I would add:

1 ) the terrain had a few 'bugs' in it. Mostly where the mountains or the cliffs don't transition to the grass well.
2 ) next map you make (please make more!) try to use more "strategy" with many kinds of units. Because charging through with a hero is fun, but it is more fun with strategy.

Great job with the map! You are obviously a natural!
Thanks!
Josh

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:19 am

Thanks!
I'm trying to use more units in the next maps, hopefully it should create some strategy...
Who am I?

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:27 am

The map should be published soon. Hopefully the next map, 'Fall From Glory' should come soon.
Who am I?

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:16 am

I have created two new maps, 'Fall From Glory' and 'When The Shadows Ride'.

My three maps make up the 'Kingdom Come' campaign.

I would appreciate it if you could test the new maps to see what you think of them, and if there are any bugs before they are published.

I've posted a link to the forum topic about my campaign, I would appreciate it if you would post your opinions here: http://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2294
Who am I?

Return to “Campaign map discussions”