Gaul war

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
TheBluePhoenix

Re: Gaul war

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

You may put in dog matix asterix obelix and getafix. Their images and stats are ready. Sorry i couldnt json it to you as it always has some errors and i am still learning it
The map and story are almost ready(as you suggested i am triggering some portions of the roman army to appear later)
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Some new units from me, and descriptions of those you posted

Description for Asterix

Asterix is one of the most clever Gauls. But like all his friends (expect Obelix) he needs Magical Mixture prepared by Panoramix.

Description for Obelix

As a child, Obelix had fallen into big Panoramix's pot with Magical Mixture. Now he is the biggest and the strongest Gaul, but he cannot drink Mixture anymore.

Description for Panoramix

The oldest man in the Gaul village - and the smartest. Only he can prepare Magical Mixture for the rest of villagers.

Description and stats for Pot with Magical Mixture

It contains Magical Mixture, prepared by Panoramix. This liquid increases power and speed of Gauls for 5 turns (expect Obelix).

HP 15
Attack 0
Range 1
Armor 2
Pierce Armor 10
Speed 1
Sight 1
Action/turn 4/1
Spell Resistance 100%
Size 1/1

Stats for Gaul Citizen

HP 18
Attack 7
Range 1
Armor 4
Pierce Armor 3
Speed 4
Sight 5
Action/turn 1/1
Spell Resistance 50%
Size 1/1

Stats for Gaul Hunter

HP 15
Attack 5
Range 4
Armor 2
Pierce Armor 5
Speed 4
Sight 6
Action/turn 1/1
Spell Resistance 50%
Size 1/1
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Cool! Can u send it in the json format?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Whats gaul hunter and cittize?
I require only gaul chief(vitalstatix) and villager
Also the attack and health are quite low. They have to fight a lot of romans so plan the stats accordingly.
Last edited by TheBluePhoenix on Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Description for Obelix

As a child, Obelix had fallen into big Panoramix's pot with Magical Mixture. Now he is the biggest and the strongest Gaul, but he cannot drink Mixture anymore as he doesn't need to!

Added a bit at last

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:Whats gaul hunter and cittize?
I require only gaul chief(vitalstatix) and villager
Also the attack and health are quite low. They have to fight a lot of romans so plan the stats accordingly.
Do you think why I proposed new "unit" Pot with Magical Mixture? After using it Gaul has +20 attack power, +3 speed and more HP for 5-7 turns. You must be careful attacking Romanians ;)

Huter = Archer ; Citizen = Warrior :D That's why I described two types
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

There were no archer units for gauls in the books as far as i know
I like the pot idea but as you had not mentioned the effects earlier i asked you to increase the stats

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Gaul chief stats
Health 50
Attack 15
Speed 4
Range 8(basically he stands on a shield lifted by two shield bearers)
No armours
Effects: morale boost: attack power of all gaul villagers increases by 3 and health by 5

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:There were no archer units for gauls in the books as far as i know
OK, right. But there was for example Gaul with no-fresh fish (he can throw it :D). And there was Gaul-musician too... Well, "musician" isn't a good name :P
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Excellent idea. So maybe we can have a few unhygenix and a cacophonix also. But as the list increases , i have to submit more json formats Which i can make only after you send me a correct sample json of asterix

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Also please use the english names of the units (dogmatix and getafix for instance) to avoid confusion and hp you will have to edit out the portion of obelix's intro as it is wrongly facted as
" THE MAGIC POTION HAS NO EFFECT ON OBELIX" wheras actual facts state:

Obelix is Asterix's closest friend and works as a menhir sculptor and delivery man. He is a tall, obese man with two notable attributes: his phenomenal strength and his voracious appetite for food, especially wild boar. His strength results from having fallen into Getafix's magic potion cauldron as a boy. As a consequence, Getafix will not let him take additional potion for fear of side effects (for example, turning into stone, as shown in Asterix and Obelix all at Sea), something that Obelix finds immensely unfair. The only exception was in Asterix and Cleopatra when they were trapped in a pyramid and Getafix allows him to have three drops of the magic potion.

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

have you found some concept images for the other units?

Btw i would use the original names (French) wich are the referral for every other translation.
Age of Fantasy design leader
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

i have all the images but i am unable to upload them in the forum as it says unable to complete operation due to low memory . If possible give me yr email. I will mail them to you

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

just upload them on imageshack or similar websites, they are free and you can post them here
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

better just search the web yourself. The images are not at all hard to find

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Caesar unit
Attachments
Caesar.png
Caesar.png (21.4 KiB) Viewed 9257 times
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Excellent only one thing- caeser looks a bit huge compared to the horse. Try to scale him down a bit

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I might do it but it would be difficult to recognize him.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

reduced caesar, i still think it's better bigger :D
Attachments
Caesar 2.png
Caesar 2.png (21.6 KiB) Viewed 9250 times
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Now he looks like a small boy!
Anyways dont waste time on near perfect images. As dev said , lets first implement the map and then check the finer nuances. Try vitalstatix. Making him in proportions will be tough

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

he is usually transported by two guys, do you want an image like that or just him?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

with the two guys. It will affect his stats (sight,speed,health,attack power)
Till he is transported, he is on the shield. While attacking , he gets down and relieves the shield bearers so they become 3 units fighting together.(so for best depiction let him be on the shield)

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Cool guy - huge thanks for the jsons of dogmatix , asterix , obeliX etc. A few notes:
Asterix is extremely weak.pump his health a bit
Obelix is okay
Getafix need more healing power
Dog matix is very weak too. Make his health 25 and i was thinking of giving him an ability - small and fast which makes the opponent miss him a lot of times( say hitting him chance is 30%) as the dog is too fast, small and agile
Julius caeser is good
Also, did you implement any of the abilities i had mentioned in the stats i wrote earlier for anty of these?

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Alex 82 thanks for your help too regarding the images. They are overwhalming.please make tge images of the chief and villager also

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Cool guy???
Alexander???

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

i'll see what i can do on sunday
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Ok thanks

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

:) lol sorry, I must have been asleep. I forgot.

stat changes: okay, I have sent those to Daniel.

dog ability - I don't know if that is implementable (having an ability that changes other units' miss chance)

other abilities - Sorry, no: I don't understand what they are/how they work. Could you please lay them out clearer?

maps: How many do you have so far?
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

What maps??
Ok i will make them clear

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Obelix stats:
Health 100
Attack 25
Speed 2
Sight 4
Armours 2
Abilities: area damage(same as for elephant)
(no cooldown)
Team work(also for asterix) : +1 attack/turn when asterix is next to obelix(i think this ability can be triggered)
Menhir throw: same logic as catapult(cooldown: 2turns)
abilities are stackable for both
Bonus: same as asterix

What do u dont understand. Quote

Return to “Campaign map discussions”