Crusade

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
Lancer

Crusade

Post by Lancer » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:43 am

Give me feedback if map is too hard or too easy,dev version in fan section located. :)

COOLguy

Re: Crusade

Post by COOLguy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:05 pm

Is it finished? I thought the teams and names were messed up. And the guys in the upper left have no way to get to Jerusalem.
Thanks!
Josh

Lancer

Post by Lancer » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:50 am

Teams are finished and you can get to jerusalim by building a bridge with worker

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:03 pm

Okay, I tried it: the first two times were the same - my buddy got slaughtered; I was held up forever in that skinny land; one of my trebuchets was converted so I had to kill it; and then I got my worker killed.

But it is a pretty fun map and one of the best in the FAN section. I would prefer for the map to be a tiny bit bigger; stretched to give these huge armies some space. Anyway, the distance between Ankara (in Turkey) and Jerusalem is about 600 miles.

I guess this is based off of the Third Crusade, which was called the Crusade of Kings. I thought it was interesting that the player was placed as the Germans, since their Holy Roman Emperor drowned before they started fighting and most of the German army went home. But I loved the allusion to the river in the intro text.

I think your names may still be a bit messed up, because the Turks are in Egypt and Saladin's army is now in Asia Minor (Turkey). :)

If you were to stretch the size of the map, you could add Jaffa and Acre, which actually were reconquered in the Third Crusade. And it is almost impossible to kill the warships - arrows and other warships are useless. I began tapping on a trireme but the star counts might be too low for that.

It is a fun map. :)
Thanks!
Josh

Lancer

Post by Lancer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:24 am

UPDATE!! Ok i replaced all units with crusader and muslim units also i tested it and map is beatable:move across asia minor destroy city then build bridges to cross river,if ballistas or fortress attack brudge kill them with trebucheds,also kill dock on island with siege,enter holy land,capture jerusalim and train fire archers to kill enemy
ships,lionheart will try and capture Alexandria then he will attack jerusalim from other side,surronding the city,you will find him very usefull ally.
Good luck!
I find this map really fun myself for some reason

patroid

Post by patroid » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:31 am

Moslem Piker will come soon and i planned to make a few
Oriental buildings for my Crusader campaign.
So i yust say you will can use them.
Maybe i fill in Mongolei Archer, so you can more reamke your
Crusade map to the old version (if requested).

I like it (the new one).

Patroid

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:20 pm

(The muslim and crusader units changed a bit: got back the movement 3 for foot units, and the movement 5 for heavy cavalry units. - up on server in 10 minutes.)

Return to “Campaign map discussions”