Effect descriptions - DPT?

If you find false or unclear or totally missing information in the built in help, than please put it here.
thanks.
Sethington

Effect descriptions - DPT?

Post by Sethington »

So I'm curious on the damage-per-turn(DPT) that burning or poison does. When you hit a tower with a flaming arrow and its says (Burning (5)) or a Knight with a poison arrow and it says (Poisoned (5)), does that mean that it takes 5 damage each turn until it is eliminated or healed? Or does it burn/is poisoned for 5 turns for an unknown amount of damage each turn?
TheBluePhoenix

Re: DPT?

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

It is the no. Of turns remaining for the effect
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Sethington

Post by Sethington »

So then how much damage is done each turn? Is it the base damage of the unit that attacked? Ex., Fire Archer(5 attack) attacks Fortress causing Burn(5), so 5 damage is done to Fortress each turn for 5 turns?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Yes you think right
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

no.
all such effect has a definite value regardless of the archer power.

as i remember:
fire arrows:
- has -4 hp per turn,
- but against mega buildings have 3000%bonus so 120HP per turn if i count right.

poison:
- it is -4 hp per turn
- no bonus to anyone

i think these should be in the helpfile, so i move this topic there.
Sethington

Re: Effect descriptions - DPT?

Post by Sethington »

Thanks for the info! :D I assume megabuildings being the Castle?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Ok you cleared my wrong notion too.

Detros

Post by Detros »

And multiple fires/poisons just stack one on another? IIRC, after I fired another fire arrow on already burning catapult the icon changed: instead of 2 symbols of fire there was just 1 symbol of explosion. How does that work?

Do both effect disappear after 5 turns?

And 3000% bonus to 4 would make the final damage fire does to castles 4 + 120 = 124. I have just try checking in game but the castle (in the little map I created for testing purposes) didn't update its number of hitpoints, only the colourful healthbar changed :/
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

They stack up independently of each other.
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Documentation”