Jack of all traderoutes

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
MightyGuy

Re: Jack of all traderoutes

Post by MightyGuy »

Look Nice! :D :D after you make all maps don't forget the turns for gem reward.

examples
< 10 turns - 3 gems
< 20 turns - 2 gems
> 20 turns - 1 gem
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

They should already be online. Can you try the maps?
Age of Fantasy design leader
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

sorry but i can't play the map this time :(, maybe Worker1212 could be test it and think the turns for gem imo.
Wormtongue

Post by Wormtongue »

Hi
thx for the nice looking campaign, great idea and really something different. I just tried the first map and got two questons:

There is no fog of war, is this intended?

How can I win the map? At the first try I smashed the enemy completely including all of his buildings and walked into the town - but nothing happens. What must I to do win?

And another small thing, which might not be campain-related but source-code-related:
Can´t summon dragons and flesh golems, when I click on the "dragon icon", no dragon shows up and when the orc shaman is summoning a dragon by himself, I can´t control him. But maybe its a general problem with my jelly bean 1.1. tablet, cause this error also happend frequently in other campaigns - few months ago there was no problem with the summoning, but since one of the updates I can´t summon units any more, when I have myself to place them

Best regards and keep up the good work

Wormtongue
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Really good!
Epic Gamer Moment!
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

To win you need to bring the cart to the city gates. The lack of fog of war was intentional, do you suggest putting it?
Wormtongue

Post by Wormtongue »

Alexander82 wrote:To win you need to bring the cart to the city gates. The lack of fog of war was intentional, do you suggest putting it?
Yes, cause in my opinion the map is far too easy, I smashed the enemy at the very first try very easily in about 15 turns - and that even without summoning drakes or golems. (this might be a jellybean bug, I mentioned this problem before, cause I also got it in all the other AoF-campaigns - but strangely enough, I can summon Ents with the elfish priest?!?)

And the fow would add some suspicion, cause its creepy if you can´t see, what kind of enemy is hiding in the fow. But without fow I can spot all the enemy archers and eliminate them very quickly - and thats what makes the map so easy to win. But of course thats only my opinion, there are more than enough very difficult maps, which are nearly unwinable, so its nice to have at least some easier maps.

Oh, and maybe you could add a line in the description of the first map, that you have to bring the cart into town, or just rename the cart to make it clearer
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

My intention was to make those maps easy, just to enjoy the "trips" of Jack

Also players needed gems and there are many difficult maps, so this could be like a sort of "piece of cake" adventure to play as a diversion from serious and long maps

Obviously we can adjust the map to be slightly more challenging if everyone agree

Return to “Map & campaign ideas/issues”