Uniquely developed elf campaign!!!

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
Jqwan

Uniquely developed elf campaign!!!

Post by Jqwan » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:47 pm

Hello I have developed a elf campaign full of triggers etc, that will be part of a larger story within the age of fantasy world. I have been working on lore just for this game and have spent a lot of time developing these maps with triggers and unique names characters and units and triggers etc. if interested I'd be happy to finish the story and outline my plans etc for the other maps. Currently have all but the last 2 elf maps fully developed with lore and triggers

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Uniquely developed elf campaign!!!

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:28 pm

please send me the maps so i can put them into game ! thanks!

Jqwan

Post by Jqwan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:43 am

1-4 sent. 5-6 being worked on. Will lead into Orc campaign if that's cool.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:48 pm

cool! i have them put in tutorial section temporarily, please list here the map names so forumers can check and give suggestions on the maps.

thanks!

Jqwan

Post by Jqwan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:02 pm

Sure thing its mission 1: resurgence. Mission 2: the misty wood. Mission 3. The Last Hearth. Mission 4. The grey pass. Mission 5. Unwanted visitors...

Jqwan

Post by Jqwan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:04 pm

Bye the bye mission 5 is is gonna be epic lol. Lots of triggers Etc and lore. Should be fun.

Jqwan

Post by Jqwan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:27 pm

For the campaign name I was thinking Valthya's path: The beginning of the end. But I'm open to suggestions. General idea I have so far for entire story is after a few centuries of the status quo things are beginning to stir. The mages of the 5 great human nations, known as the High Council has sensed a great disturbance in the natural balance of magics. Meanwhile the elves, concentrated in one last great nation (Valthya), in and around the Eternal Forest which makes up the center of the continent and separates the northern mountainous lands from the rich human farmlands to the south via the Grey Pass, is facing its greatest threat in eons. The many warring orcish clans are united by a great orcish chieftain(Garathuk) and begun a mass exodus southwards towards the grey pass and the great Elvish fortress of Treetop Hearth. This is the first campaign, about Valthya during the Waagh!(horde). The northernmost, and smallest Human nation of tirith comes to Valthyas aid, re establishing some form of human-elvish relations that had been established during the last great threat to the world. known as the Cataclysim, not much is remembered about the exact events but legend has is that all the living races on the continent made a desperate last stand against an otherworldly and undead foe. The two nations march on the traditional clan lands of Garathuks tribe (known as the Skullsplitters) in an attempt to end the WAAGH, but are forced to work together in a shaky truce when the same threat from the Cataclysim of old resurfaces from the desolate wastes of the north, beyond the Iron mountains where the orcs and last of the dwarves live. The second campaign will be about a concil Mage named Kori Halfbreed who discovers the details of the Cataclysim and must discover what to do to stop "the Reaper of souls" and save all life. 3rd campaign will be about Garathuk having to re establish his dominance after the loss at grey pass and to convince the orcs that the reaper and his forces will be a better fight than some squishy humies and pointy-ears! I have most of the details of how this will play out but input and ideas r always welcome and encouragement always needed to put in the tons of work this has been so far lol.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:47 pm

I really like the maps they are very nice! i did not have time to play them all, i have only these quick suggestions:

first map:
- there is a "mountain on the west side that is not properly placed.
- the neutral houses should be assigned to player 1 (via triggers), now elves shoot their houses.
- the bottom right cliffs are not placed properly.
other than this it is very nicely decorated and very good "feeling" playin on the map.

second: very nice ! no glitches on terrain!

third:
- the wood are edgy on this map, please make the autotiled "blended" to the grass.
- same for the "stony-road"
- also the big cliffs are not properly placed on bottom right
- and again the neutral houses on top right should be in player 1 posession.
other than these it is again very nice!

fourth:
- here i see many tiling problems on the many cliff sections.
- also these are too many units to start a map, i suggest cutting to one-third (or to halving) the unit count, and maybe "launching" some more later by trigger.
but still nice!

fifth:
- here i see little tiling problems on the mountains on the top section.
- and here again: there are too many units to start a map, i suggest cutting to one-third (or to halving) the unit count, and maybe "launching" some more later by trigger.
but very very nice map indeed!

generally:
- the intro texting could be a formatted html, so you can make it nicely paragraphed and formatted.

Jqwan

Post by Jqwan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:50 pm

Ok got it less units and blend the terrain together better.

Jqwan

Post by Jqwan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:52 pm

For map five I have spawn triggers already so I'll lower the starting units and make it more reliant upon what u build. Thanks for help

Jqwan

Post by Jqwan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:38 pm

I am Jesse btw I didn't know if u were confusing me with somebody else since in the emails we exchange u ask me to send u more and assemble them in campaign lol. The Jesse.defrancisco@ yahoo is me lol. Just in case there was some confusion.

Jqwan

Post by Jqwan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:02 am

Fixed mission 1: resurgence sent!!!

Jqwan

Post by Jqwan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:33 am

Mission two was already good according to u, mission three: treetop hearth is fixed and sent!

Jqwan

Post by Jqwan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:17 am

Mission 4: the grey pass sent. Mission 5 will take some time but I should have it to u by tommorow night.

Return to “Map & campaign ideas”