Campaign: The Mighty Elf

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
dvb

Campaign: The Mighty Elf

Post by dvb »

Lianas, an elf, become a local hero in a small elven village called Leodor, and decide to go to a journey. In his way he need to fight stronger and more evil powers. first against local evil elves, then humans, then with a human ally against orcs and lastly all these 3 races against the undead race.

I'm attaching screenshots of the first two maps. The first maps aren't hard to accomplish and are mainly for story telling. A classical story of going out the village, building an army and only then fighting enemies.

The first map has only 6 archers of different players in a tournament of the elves village Leodor. The rest are the crowd. It's a bit tricky but not too much, to win one should understand how the ai choose which one to shot.
1st map
1st map
MElf1.jpg (241.55 KiB) Viewed 2262 times
The second map has Leodor on the left, groups of elves training in the middle, and volcanoes (possibly a dragon) on the right. The mission is to destroy the volcanoes.
2nd map
2nd map
MElf2.jpg (113.59 KiB) Viewed 2262 times
On the third map, Lianas (+other archers) being attacked by nature creatures and find an enemy they cant kill, you should win by following the story ( triggers :) )
On the fourth map, Lianas and his archers help a strong elf, and only then, he will help Lianas to win the enemy from the third map.
There might be another map for the elves stage, then Lianas will have to sail to another lands and discover other races.

As part of the story, Lianas starts as an elf archer, on the 2nd, 3rd & 4th maps he is a quick elf archer, afterwards he's a wizard.
I think Lianas deserves a unique unit, but I'm not a designer so I'm open for suggestions. He should look like an archer or elf wizard (or something in between).
In my vision he should have a combination of different elven powers (IMO, he's an archer, but can summon wolves & ents, can cast storms but doesn't have the healing effect of the elf wizard).

What do you think?
dvb

Re: Campaign: The Mighty Elf

Post by dvb »

The third and fourth maps are almost ready, should I give more spoilers and post them? or maybe curiosity is preferred ?
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Are you confident in your triggering skills? Because it would be a spectacular campaign with some trigger manipulation :)
Also don't spoil it, it sounds very intriguing, just make sure there is an intro text ;)
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
dvb

Post by dvb »

I'm a programmer so understanding and using the triggers is not an issue, but sometimes thing doesn't work as expected. All of the current maps has triggers such as changing objects stats, declaring win or lose, checking arrival of units to some places, and story telling with in-game messages (mainly chats, to keep history of messages, rarely dialogs).

I do have problems with intro texts, cant get them to work, maybe I'm not doing that correctly, is there a guide somewhere? (except the in-game map editor help)
Furthermore, I am not a native English speaker so currently there might be grammatical errors or typos.

I would really like to send the maps to other players to test and then give feedback and suggestions, but I don't know if it's possible to load an exported map files into the game. Is it possible?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

You may send the maps to be tested to dev and he will implement them in the dev version o we few forummers who have it may test it
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

For intro texts there is a section in the FAQ of normal AoS, it explains how to make it and where, most people use html :D
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope

Return to “Map & campaign ideas/issues”