Insects — ARCHIVED

makazuwr32

Re: Insects

Post by makazuwr32 »

i am not complaining about sci-fi. personally i.

I don't like idea of mutant insects with good enough brains and power to fight with orcs and humans on their terms (via both good basic and elite units and plenty amount of upgrades, both blacksmith and unit ones)
IF we will implement them they must be more like zergs from starcraft - mindless weak basics who have high speed and can be produced faster than others and big, heavy late units (also not of the same altitude as olog hais, weaker still).

Elements are not yet in the game so don't rely on 'em now.

Zombies? really? if they will be of similar stats as current ones than i wish good luck trying to kill SOMETHING with 'em apart from basic units.

Also if it is as you are saying than this race will be even LESS popular than elves and undeads currently.
Because they will be THE WEAKEST RACE OF ALL.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

First thing why do they need to be mutants, also why Zerg.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Because sc Zergs are insects and best represent insect strategy that would insects use in general.
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Zergs from starcraft are the most notable for me variant of this race design.
Swarming fast low hp units early (in first starcraft while humans would have like 40-50 troops zergs will have 300-400) and gaining better, more powerful troops in late game.

Not because they are insects. Mainly because they are best variant that nearly everyone knows.

Ofc i know few more ones - from custom wc3 maps, in homm3 (undeads there for example can go easily into zerg rush) and in homm 5 (dark elves because of their powerful offencive magic).
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

First of all insects ain't all that mindless. Especially the ants and bees.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Yes, insects must be fully agrresive like zerg and humans must rely on support and avoiding direct melee combat. Like in Starcraft. Also they aren't smart either. Ants know only how to gather and bite and dig holes, bees know only how to fly, gather and sting and make homes...what was it called.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Yah, well for stats I originally wanted their melee units to work kinda like how elves used to work, you know the double action attacks?
As for purpose they aren't that bad because they could still move quickly to the enemy base and capture tcs about as fast as elves. Upgrades are not official and could use a rework.
As for intelligence the queens are the ones that make up their main intelligence and might just be unique.
Wasp folk are supposed to be the elite units that should have weaker stats then the other races to make up for their flying. Might get rid of the shielded though.
Siege they still have at least one siege unit which is like the humans battering ram only a bit weaker.
Buildings will get an update in stats.
Spiders and certain other bugs are meant for fighting the enemy's infantry.

Finally if no one likes it as a faction then it could be the harrasser race every race has been looking for, and that alone would get quite a few aggreements.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Actually they could be the harraser race until people really want them as a playable.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

From what I'm getting you want a different concept on the insect race and not want them completely removed. ( maka, lord of Ales )

On the other hand theirs the concept of insects becoming smarter over time with technology and actually becoming a solid society like race
( sarva, general brave )

Then theirs the ones who just want to have another type of race in or atleast get accepted for later ( me )
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Personally i prefer them not to be a part of game at all BUT IF they will be than yes i want different concept.

As for races themselves (newer ones) demons, beastclans and mystical beings will fit much better than this one as for me.
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

We can have a compromise.
Savra

Post by Savra »

What's the compramise? Change race play style to zerg, turn them into neutral aggressive ai that has all units we suggested and buildings plus you could still use them in campaign?
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:17 pm Personally i prefer them not to be a part of game at all BUT IF they will be than yes i want different concept.

As for races themselves (newer ones) demons, beastclans and mystical beings will fit much better than this one as for me.
Mystical beings? Didn't think anyone would care for that considering alot of mystical creatures are being suggested to other races.
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Huh. I still have a plenty inspiration for this race (mystical beings one, not insects). Angels, elementals (better, more powerful, more variety), nature spirits (more powerful than elven ones), titans to mention some of.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I mean at the beginning it could start out Zerg like, then if allowed to grow. It slowly becomes more organize.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

But their zerg like units must not have many upgrades.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:27 pm Huh. I still have a plenty inspiration for this race (mystical beings one, not insects). Angels, elementals (better, more powerful, more variety), nature spirits (more powerful than elven ones), titans to mention some of.
Well since you will keep up the idea then I won't give up hope on it. In fact ill make the topic active some time.
Your concept of things usually makes it easier to come up with things. If you could put that into mystical topic that would be great
Savra

Post by Savra »

Hmm this is getting intresting.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:36 pm But their zerg like units must not have many upgrades.
We can have the regular ones as the Zerg like units, I'm guessing they will be one cost.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I was thinking about a bit different way:
Some buildings will have 0.5 cost of tc (the ones that can produce those zerg like units)
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

What do you mean by that.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I mean that you can build 2 buildings for zerg-like units per each tc.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

So one Town Center allows you to build two Zerg like buildings.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Wow, sounds like this race will even outnumber undead
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Yes it can. But their numbers early is only advantage.
Undeads have good resist to piercing damage and can move through water, can raise dead.
Orcs are much more powerful especially if they will use crushers or other units with power range. Or if they will use armored units.
Same is for humans/dwarves.
Elves will have much higher range of attack and sight.

Also if you built 1 zerg building and you have 1 tc count than you can't build normal one building.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:00 pm Yes it can. But their numbers early is only advantage.
Undeads have good resist to piercing damage and can move through water, can raise dead.
Orcs are much more powerful especially if they will use crushers or other units with power range. Or if they will use armored units.
Same is for humans/dwarves.
Elves will have much higher range of attack and sight.

Also if you built 1 zerg building and you have 1 tc count than you can't build normal one building.
I mean wouldn't this race have numbers in air and water too considering bugs can fly,swim.
And anything with with numbers no matter how weak is still difficult to beat.
Can't wait to see the new ideas on this one
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Zerg can only build on infested land. I was thinking about giving radius around TC's where player can build to prevent worker swarms making towers.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Well. Try to fight for orcs or humans against current elves — right now they are similar a bit to these ones ecept they are ranged zergs with melee wolves from dens. Extremly easy killable by any race with unit with good defence (like imperial shielder or uruk hai of higher levels) and support of range or some sort of aoe damage.

You will be surprized how fast they will melt down even if they have production advantage
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:11 pm Well. Try to fight for orcs or humans against current elves — right now they are similar a bit to these ones ecept they are ranged zergs with melee wolves from dens. Extremly easy killable by any race with unit with good defence (like imperial shielder or uruk hai of higher levels) and support of range or some sort of aoe damage.

You will be surprized how fast they will melt down even if they have production advantage

I hope the new concept allows a few strong units at least
Savra

Post by Savra »

So are they still strong at air, or we going with something else? Cause right now nobody is superior at air.

Return to “Archived - Subraces”