Spell images

Post Reply
User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3954
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Spell images

Post by Savra » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:58 pm

I think this would be the right place to put this, it not then please move to correct topic. So rather then jumping around from topic to topic looking for spells that need images how about we post them all here to make things a little easier for those doing the programming? Just put in spells that need images and discuss stats on other topics. List will be updated accordingly.

Midonik
Posts: 3528
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Spell images

Post by Midonik » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:04 pm

1. Mostly new spells are suggested along with units and then it's more comfortable to post them there.
2. We have a place to suggest new albitlies and spells independently: Technologies, spells and albitlies - http://www.androidutils.com/forum/viewf ... 12cea614e5
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy,its sci-fi themed: http://www.androidutils.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=135
All help will be welcome.

Fielderan Crown's Great Hetman
http://www.androidutils.com/forum/viewt ... =66&t=4729

User avatar
Alexander82
Posts: 6744
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:18 pm

Re: Spell images

Post by Alexander82 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:05 pm

I think they should stay in the topic of the unit(s) that use those spells
Age of Fantasy design leader

User avatar
Alexander82
Posts: 6744
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:18 pm

Re: Spell images

Post by Alexander82 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Midonik wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:04 pm

2. We have a place to suggest new albitlies and spells independently: Technologies, spells and albitlies - http://www.androidutils.com/forum/viewf ... 12cea614e5
that too
Age of Fantasy design leader

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3954
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Spell images

Post by Savra » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:50 pm

This is meant to be an easier place for you to get the images, stats will remain on their topics.

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3954
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Spell images

Post by Savra » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:16 am

Dragons might, actually whenever I look at this it looks like a tech icon. Might just change it.

The actual reason I want these in is because it looks weird when your being invaded by a bunch of people with cannon balls attached to their chests.
Attachments
Dragons might.png
Dragons might.png (2.86 KiB) Viewed 1988 times

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3954
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Spell images

Post by Savra » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:04 am

And here's the icons.
Bull one could technically be universal since its just a tech and it pretty much gets the point across.
Attachments
Charge.png
Charge.png (540 Bytes) Viewed 1983 times
devour.png
devour.png (2.81 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
Dragons might v2.png
Dragons might v2.png (660 Bytes) Viewed 1983 times

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3954
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Spell images

Post by Savra » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:17 am

Updated charge.
Attachments
Charge.png
Charge.png (730 Bytes) Viewed 1979 times

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3954
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Spell images

Post by Savra » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:21 am

So any comments on these? Besides ones based on why the charge image has a bull head on it that is. I might find a new image for it or just make one depending on time, but for now that beats a cannon ball on the chest or head. Hopefully these don't come out as a icon in the same place though.

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4476
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: Spell images

Post by makazuwr32 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:18 am

I like first dragon's might image (but not for that spell), second image (needs a bit more polishing, some sort of draconic aura around unit, not a dragon itself), devour.

Charge ability must be changed because similar abilities will gain some more units. Image must be universal.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: Spell images

Post by Stratego (dev) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:24 pm

Savra wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:16 am
Dragons might, actually whenever I look at this it looks like a tech icon. Might just change it.

The actual reason I want these in is because it looks weird when your being invaded by a bunch of people with cannon balls attached to their chests.


i have replaced the cannonball in dragons might to this image (a derivative of this) tell me if it looks ok.
also on castable spell there are more images than one
1. the button image on the "action list" (32 px)
2. the action image (that appears "over" the targetable units) (32 px, but practically smaller so u see the unit under it)
3. the indicator image (if this is a sticky effect like strengthen) a little indicator image in approx 7x7 px size.

currently i reduced the size of the suggested dragons might "eye", and made the same image for the button and action, the indicator i drew myself using same colors.

if u see totally wrong image somewhere else (like this cannonball was) please tell me.

User avatar
Tankhead
Posts: 1808
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 6:46 am
Location: United states, Texas

Re: Spell images

Post by Tankhead » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:42 pm

Stratego (dev) wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:24 pm
Savra wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:16 am
Dragons might, actually whenever I look at this it looks like a tech icon. Might just change it.

The actual reason I want these in is because it looks weird when your being invaded by a bunch of people with cannon balls attached to their chests.


i have replaced the cannonball in dragons might to this image (a derivative of this) tell me if it looks ok.
also on castable spell there are more images than one
1. the button image on the "action list" (32 px)
2. the action image (that appears "over" the targetable units) (32 px, but practically smaller so u see the unit under it)
3. the indicator image (if this is a sticky effect like strengthen) a little indicator image in approx 7x7 px size.

currently i reduced the size of the suggested dragons might "eye", and made the same image for the button and action, the indicator i drew myself using same colors.

if u see totally wrong image somewhere else (like this cannonball was) please tell me.
So your saying you updated dev version?
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3954
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Spell images

Post by Savra » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:13 pm

I only found the cannon ball spell image on the units that didn't have spell images for their abilities.
These were:
Grey dragon
Kobald priestess
Dark dragon
Devourer dragon
Hydra
Blade singer
And I believe that's all.
Last edited by Savra on Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: Spell images

Post by Stratego (dev) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:09 pm

So your saying you updated dev version?
yes uos already

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: Spell images

Post by Stratego (dev) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:10 pm

Savra wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:13 pm
I only found the cannon ball spell image on the units that didn't have spell images for their abilities.
These were:
Kobald priestess
Dark dragon
Devourer dragon
Hydra
Blade singer
And I believe that's all.
bad... thanks! than we need images for all! please everyone try getting some - thanks!

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3954
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Spell images

Post by Savra » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:13 am

Well, all we need is 1 or 2 and that's all. Devour is covered which eliminates 3, Since you put dragons might in that takes care of 2. We need 1 more image, as for the elf she just needs the double strike image on hers.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: Spell images

Post by Stratego (dev) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:10 am

ok, but as i mentioned we need up to 3 image per spell, i wrote above the sizes

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3954
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Spell images

Post by Savra » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:18 am

Well, devour we could use the same effect cannibalize has.
As for charge, I still need to find something.
I'll update other spell casters who are ready, with those styles of images.

Post Reply

Return to “Other asset ideas (terrain, sound ...)”