REVOLUTIONISING AOS

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
TheBluePhoenix

REVOLUTIONISING AOS

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Okey so we have been playing aos for quite some time now and it has alwaysbeen constantly updated to not make things boring but what i am asking is to take it to a whole new level: i have been in the forum for quite some time now and have come across many good ideas which if implemented will revolutionarise aos and make it more interactive:
1 . Conversion with decreasing probability with distance
2 . Multiple unit healing and or conversion by the same unit in the same turn
3 . The bribing logic( allows temporary conversion of some units (even some inconvertible ones) to fight by your side without changing his team or colour
4 . The gladiator or zoo arena( allows units to fight with other units and animals for experience)
5 . The hybridiser logic which allows us to combine two different units with some restrictions to make new or existing units or the same units to increase the health of one of them ( logically speaking it can be thought as the leftover resources of both the units are utilised to create new and better ones and give them to the more healthy one of the two)
6 . The unit performance logic which allows the unit to upgrade and earn experiences(different for different units) and get some bonus for his performance in the battle
And many more which i will add as i come across
Most of these have seperate topics and for details read those
I have written this topic to bring them all on 1 post so that whenever dev has time he does not have to find these
Thanks
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

COOLguy

Re: REVOLUTIONISING AOS

Post by COOLguy »

In which the game would be called RAoS. I personally would prefer a map marketplace, addition of two more player slots, and multiplayer preset maps. :)
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Yeah that too :D
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Adding animations to fire.
basically one of the most weak points of aos is its 2d animations. Barracks archery range etc need new images
Some units like spartan hoplite is wrongly made historically

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Barracks, stables etc should be bigger, for example 2x1
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I was thinking of this hokanpl:
Why not introduce structure upgrades to existing structures. As you said , they will be able to carry more units,have more strength will be larger than 1x1 and also i thought that they all should be able to produce more units at the same time : 2.that will kind of seperate them from tcs. They would only be buildable using workers (to not make them op) and should take 30 worker turns to build over the existing structures.while being built they will not be able to produce any units

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Anyone like this idea?

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Ok guys just reviving this topic
Patroid, coolguy and other forummers please comment

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

I think that we must be careful when adding such game-changing features. As cool as some may are, they may totally upset the game, while others could make it much better even.

For instance, I think we should stay away from luck based things as much as possible (like more conversion stuff) because imo, luck already determines a little too much whether you may win or lose. (However, it is currently in a good balance I think).

And yet things like unit experience upgrading to heroes and stuff would add MUCH more strategy, while giving more features to the game.

Just my 2 cents. :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

That is correct
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

DoomCarrot wrote:I think that we must be careful when adding such game-changing features. As cool as some may are, they may totally upset the game, while others could make it much better even.

For instance, I think we should stay away from luck based things as much as possible (like more conversion stuff) because imo, luck already determines a little too much whether you may win or lose. (However, it is currently in a good balance I think).

And yet things like unit experience upgrading to heroes and stuff would add MUCH more strategy, while giving more features to the game.

Just my 2 cents. :)
What luck based things? Bribing isnt luck based, actually, it is the very opposite

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

That is why I mentioned conversions, not bribes :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi,
Some nice ideas, but we shouldnt change the existing version.
We should implement such things in the new Versions.

Most of this was mentioned in single Topics and was discussed but is still yust waiting for implementation
Or a claryfing leading person.

Patroid
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

patroid wrote:Hi,
Some nice ideas, but we shouldnt change the existing version.
We should implement such things in the new Versions.

Most of this was mentioned in single Topics and was discussed but is still yust waiting for implementation
Or a claryfing leading person.

Patroid
Yes i know that- i clubbed many good but not yet implemented ideas into 1 topic just for convinience

tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

I have some ideas.
1.Can choose difficulty in survival mode.Players can choose Easy,normal,hard mode.That can be done by using triggers.

2.Your choices will affect your path.eg.If you accept a mission,you can't accept another mission.You will have bad end if you do bad things.

Return to “Other discussions about the game”