player stats in the black

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
RiverRaider 1097

player stats in the black

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

I think it would be cool to have your gaming stats or graph of some kind next to your name below each game played in the black area awesome background any thoughts?
and remember,wherever your at,there you are
benedictarnold

Re: player stats in the black

Post by benedictarnold »

I like it. Might be a good first step in implementing some kind of ranking system overall. Win/loss record that puts you in different categories. Gold tier, silver tier, and bronze tier or something like that. With the overall goal being that you get to play matches with people in your tier more often than not.

But back to RR's idea, it would be a nice way to have bragging rights, plus you could strike fear in your enemies when you show up with a high score/rank.

Also could help players know which guy they need to worry about the most...
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

+1 I love the idea (can't wait for AOS to get a ranking system!!!) :D
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
Eiswolf

Post by Eiswolf »

I thought about suggesting a ranking system and found this one.

Might be a good idea to have some player-stats, so you can see, who are you challanging.
Maybe even a filter, to avoid frustation, so that new players don't get that strong opponents in Multiplayer games ...
And a challange-system, so that you can challange players from the top ...
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

How about this- the points of each map of each player before he wins or loses is added to a cumulative and then displayed .if a player is kicked he gets zero points for that game. We could even form clans or groups like in CS . Then there would be a rank system and some kind of tier system too
Hows this as a way to Implement this idea?
This way we wont need to worry about big games or small. And that would make the point system more useful
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

I approve! :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
goose88

Post by goose88 »

Also thought this would be great. I'd love to know the relative skills of the other players, both for planning with a teammate or who to watch out for the most.
Should keep track of wins, losses, and games played. Would be nice if you aren't penalized for quitting a game where 3-5 other players quit and you're left to finish off only all AIs which could take hours. Average turn response time would be a bonus. In the pre-launch screen you should be able to click a player's name and see all these stats before you join the game, or just whenever after you join the game.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Not quiting, being kicked should be penalized as i suggested
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Return to “Other discussions about the game”