Multiplayer:filtering unresponsive players badge IMPLEMENTED

COOLguy

Re: Multiplayer:filtering unresponsive players badge IMPLEME

Post by COOLguy »

Well, actually I think you raise good points. Reliability and frequency are not always the same. But a frequent player certainly is reliable.

Idk how many of you know Kirk, but I don't think he is an active multiplayer now, although he was once.

I don't think that these badges will impede your multiplayer experience at all. I personally enjoy playing multiplayer games with people I know already to be reliable, whether in RL or on the forum. I will never play 10 games at once and will probably never get the highest badge. But that's fine with me.

You are very right - one of the best things about TBS is the flexibility. But I think, the time constraint is only what you make it.
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

COOLguy wrote:
Daniel (the dev) wrote:
Average time to take turn
currently i have no such information without more logging implementation.
i have these
- number of games and their statuses
- number of skips/kicks of all games
- last modification on game (mostly: last player turn-taking)

if we could use these for a formula, that would cost very few time on my side.

my idea was modifying the current formula to add to the "finished" games count the ones where
- last modification (turntaking) was within 2 days.
- and the game started 1 weeks ago or more.
and lets call them: "long but running games"

so the current formula is:

Code: Select all

(finished games - skips)/10 = value
>1 : top badge
1 > value > 0.8 : 2nd badge
0.8 > value > 0.6
0.6 > value > 0.4
0.4 > value > 0.2
0.2 > value > 0
0 > value > -0.33
-0.33 > value > -0.66
value smaller than -0.66 gets the worst badge
and i planned to modify to this:

Code: Select all

(long but running games + finished games - skips)/10 = value
(the result is "badged" the same as above)
Actually this is best here - it will not require much new implementation. It's almost the same as the turn counting, but won't need any more information log to be implemented.
This version is in, lets see how this goes.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

The present formula is very harsh upon players like me who sincerely play long multiplayers but am skipped due to some ingame glitch(eg recently i tried to kick a fellow player out but as his turn was never ending, i closed the game to fid the next morning that he was still in the game and intead, i had been skipped :x ). So i suggest to change the formula by dividing the no. Of skips by 3 and change it too-
Value= {no. Of games playing/finished-[ no. Of kicks+(no. Of skips/3(or at least 2) )]}this will be better
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

I agree the skip penalty is very harsh right now.

Also, I think we need to do away with the "only games this month affect rating" Seeing as I'm normally only in 3-5 games at a time, and each game takes 3-5 weeks on average, I can hardly keep up with how fast my badges get demoted due to "inactivity"

Thus I don't think you should lose badges from games over time, I think you should lose points of your overall rating based on how long you haven't been in any game. This way, an active player doesn't have to be in 8 games constantly to be considered a dependable, active player. Instead, you could play games at your lesiure and have your ratings go up so long as you are dependable and don't stop playing all together for very long periods of time. Sorry for the long, incoherent jumble, maybe someone can make sense of what I mean :lol:

TL;DR Skip is too harsh, losing badges for inactivity every month is very annoying.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

Return to “Implementeds”