Age of discovery

User avatar
L4cus
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm
Location: Perú

Re: Age of discovery

Post by L4cus » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:11 pm

I was thinking in a morale mechanic but it sounds very difficult
When low morale, nerffed units
When high morale buffed units
Also, religious units could give u morale, in addition to officers, drummers, flaut, trumpets, and a lot of others units
This could have a fixed value or a plrcentgae value

It is just an idea, i dont like it a lot bcoz it could be difficult to make. But, there it goes...
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...

User avatar
L4cus
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm
Location: Perú

Re: Age of discovery

Post by L4cus » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:21 pm

About upgrades, i am thinking on
Maybe sme related to musket lock
Macthlock, snaplock, snaphaunce and flintlock

But i dot know what should those techs do. Maybe +1 attack to muskets

Some factions will have the entire upgrade line, others some of them
This because not all of them got to develop that tech or kt was just developed in a single faction/kingdom/nation

Others techs related to crossbows

Now i think on it, maybe and blacksmith is not a bad idea at all. Maybe the name isnt the best but it can get fixed later...

Well, see u tomorrow...(its a lie, i will connect back soon)
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...

User avatar
Maxbirykov2004
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:50 pm
Location: Belarus

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Maxbirykov2004 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:22 am

L4cus wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:21 pm
About upgrades, i am thinking on
Maybe sme related to musket lock
Macthlock, snaplock, snaphaunce and flintlock

But i dot know what should those techs do. Maybe +1 attack to muskets

Some factions will have the entire upgrade line, others some of them
This because not all of them got to develop that tech or kt was just developed in a single faction/kingdom/nation

Others techs related to crossbows

Now i think on it, maybe and blacksmith is not a bad idea at all. Maybe the name isnt the best but it can get fixed later...

Well, see u tomorrow...(its a lie, i will connect back soon)
I think about reloading (because in this time if you shoot you need reload your weapon) i think shots from muskets and flint guns are special Attack, basic attacks are strikes from rappers and bayonets, +i think about accurate (because weapons at this time was not accurate)
I need little help with AOG , if you know how to mod or paint or creation json or balancing go here viewforum.php?f=230

User avatar
Maxbirykov2004
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:50 pm
Location: Belarus

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Maxbirykov2004 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:24 am

Puss_in_Boots wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:47 pm
Conversion shouldn't be in this game, instead we can have status buffs like morale, religious fevor or we debuffs that demoralize enemy units.
You right, but i didn't see you at this forum yet
I need little help with AOG , if you know how to mod or paint or creation json or balancing go here viewforum.php?f=230

User avatar
Squirrel5555
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Squirrel5555 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:24 am

We got any people who can do the 'coding' part, right now we have lots of ideas but no confirmation or way to implement them?

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 10395
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Stratego (dev) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:51 pm

no coding needed (at least as i know) and yes, this is why there is no coding time allocated here currently.

User avatar
Squirrel5555
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Squirrel5555 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:25 pm

I know no actual coding is needed, what i meant is do we have anyone who can modify the files, or however it is done, here, as i dont know how to. I can just help with ideas and pixel art :D

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 10395
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Stratego (dev) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:34 pm

yes the thing needs a skill for modifying files.
but lest not call it coding but eg. "modding" or "editing"or smth - to avoid misunderstanding - thanks!

User avatar
Gral.Sturnn
Posts: 1277
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Gral.Sturnn » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:45 pm

found more sprites
Attachments
sweedish strong swordman.png
sweedish strong swordman.png (1.47 KiB) Viewed 291 times
sweedish militia pikemen.png
sweedish militia pikemen.png (1.74 KiB) Viewed 291 times
light cuirasser.png
light cuirasser.png (1.27 KiB) Viewed 291 times
heavy cuirasser.png
heavy cuirasser.png (1.49 KiB) Viewed 291 times
reiterxd.png
reiterxd.png (1.37 KiB) Viewed 291 times
~Gral.Sturnn

User avatar
Squirrel5555
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Squirrel5555 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:47 pm

Cuirassier was heavy cav using sabers, not gun cav(pistol was secondary), reiter however looks good.
i dont think light cuirassiers existed xD the whole point was to have a heavy chestplate
Last edited by Squirrel5555 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 10395
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Stratego (dev) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:47 pm

dont foget all image assets needs to be 64px based

User avatar
L4cus
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm
Location: Perú

Re: Age of discovery

Post by L4cus » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:32 pm

Maxbirykov2004 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:22 am
L4cus wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:21 pm
About upgrades, i am thinking on
Maybe sme related to musket lock
Macthlock, snaplock, snaphaunce and flintlock

But i dot know what should those techs do. Maybe +1 attack to muskets

Some factions will have the entire upgrade line, others some of them
This because not all of them got to develop that tech or kt was just developed in a single faction/kingdom/nation

Others techs related to crossbows

Now i think on it, maybe and blacksmith is not a bad idea at all. Maybe the name isnt the best but it can get fixed later...

Well, see u tomorrow...(its a lie, i will connect back soon)
I think about reloading (because in this time if you shoot you need reload your weapon) i think shots from muskets and flint guns are special Attack, basic attacks are strikes from rappers and bayonets, +i think about accurate (because weapons at this time was not accurate)
Oh
About that i got some ideas

1 infantry units transform to melee
Just like persian inmortal
U need to search bayonet tech
There will be 2 kind of bayonet
In ranged mode, units will have accuary, with officer it will be higher
But, there wont be reloading

2 infantry unit musket shoot as spell
Musket shoot will be a spell with its own accuary
Their stats will be as melee
But, there wont be a way to improve accuary
The coldown will be the reload
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...

User avatar
Squirrel5555
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Squirrel5555 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:40 pm

Sounds interesting. but once again i ask ;d do we have anyone who can help with this, or is this topic just a dump for new ideas xd

User avatar
L4cus
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm
Location: Perú

Re: Age of discovery

Post by L4cus » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:52 pm

And about cavalry
They could carry guns after a tech
It affects only some of them
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...

User avatar
L4cus
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm
Location: Perú

Re: Age of discovery

Post by L4cus » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:55 pm

Actually i'd really like to know that
This topic' gotten 4 pages till now
And there are a lot of ideas
I think this is worth it
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...

User avatar
Gral.Sturnn
Posts: 1277
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Gral.Sturnn » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:10 pm

Squirrel5555 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:47 pm
Cuirassier was heavy cav using sabers, not gun cav(pistol was secondary), reiter however looks good.
i dont think light cuirassiers existed xD the whole point was to have a heavy chestplate
in the 16th and 17th century they did use pistols

And light cuirassers did exist
~Gral.Sturnn

User avatar
Squirrel5555
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Squirrel5555 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:21 pm

Gral.Sturnn wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:10 pm
Squirrel5555 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:47 pm
Cuirassier was heavy cav using sabers, not gun cav(pistol was secondary), reiter however looks good.
i dont think light cuirassiers existed xD the whole point was to have a heavy chestplate
in the 16th and 17th century they did use pistols

And light cuirassers did exist
sorry i hadnt realised they existed, did some research now :D
i know they used pistols but iirc it was their secondary weapon, like i said above
i like the idea that the pistol can be their special ability, sounds good

also made cuirassier with sabre image, still needs improvement, in case this idea ever gets out the planning stages lol :)
Attachments
Cuirasser2.png
Cuirasser2.png (1.92 KiB) Viewed 251 times
Last edited by Squirrel5555 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gral.Sturnn
Posts: 1277
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Gral.Sturnn » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:33 pm

Squirrel5555 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:21 pm
Gral.Sturnn wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:10 pm
Squirrel5555 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:47 pm
Cuirassier was heavy cav using sabers, not gun cav(pistol was secondary), reiter however looks good.
i dont think light cuirassiers existed xD the whole point was to have a heavy chestplate
in the 16th and 17th century they did use pistols

And light cuirassers did exist
sorry i hadnt realised they existed, did some research now :D
i know they used pistols but iirc it was their secondary weapon, like i said above
i like the idea that the pistol can be their special ability, sounds good

also made cuirassier with sabre image, still needs improvement, in case this idea ever gets out the planning stages lol :)
I think we are confusing later napoelonic style cuirassers and ealier types of cuirassers, the earlier types of cuirassers were meant to use their pistols in mass formations really close ton infantry and if it was necessary they could charge, shoot at very close range and then use their swords.

but later napoleonic cuirassers main weapon were sabers
~Gral.Sturnn

User avatar
Squirrel5555
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Squirrel5555 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:40 pm

Gral.Sturnn wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:33 pm
Squirrel5555 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:21 pm
Gral.Sturnn wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:10 pm
in the 16th and 17th century they did use pistols

And light cuirassers did exist
sorry i hadnt realised they existed, did some research now :D
i know they used pistols but iirc it was their secondary weapon, like i said above
i like the idea that the pistol can be their special ability, sounds good

also made cuirassier with sabre image, still needs improvement, in case this idea ever gets out the planning stages lol :)
I think we are confusing later napoelonic style cuirassers and ealier types of cuirassers, the earlier types of cuirassers were meant to use their pistols in mass formations really close ton infantry and if it was necessary they could charge, shoot at very close range and then use their swords.

but later napoleonic cuirassers main weapon were sabers
ahh fair enough.
yeah i found some information now saying from late 15th to 17th century they used mainly pistols, then started changing to sabre.
this might make it confusing, considering we will also have pistoliers/reiters
they also started using sabres around the time they started only wearing cuirass as armour, so really before that they are heavily armoured pistol cav. idk what to do about this, maybe make 2 separate units? one just being heavily armoured pistol cav which can be used early in the game, second being melee cav with medium armour(just cuirass) and special ability pistol shot and you can only create after researching later game/17th century techs?

User avatar
Gral.Sturnn
Posts: 1277
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Gral.Sturnn » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:41 pm

Squirrel5555 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:40 pm
Gral.Sturnn wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:33 pm
Squirrel5555 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:21 pm


sorry i hadnt realised they existed, did some research now :D
i know they used pistols but iirc it was their secondary weapon, like i said above
i like the idea that the pistol can be their special ability, sounds good

also made cuirassier with sabre image, still needs improvement, in case this idea ever gets out the planning stages lol :)
I think we are confusing later napoelonic style cuirassers and ealier types of cuirassers, the earlier types of cuirassers were meant to use their pistols in mass formations really close ton infantry and if it was necessary they could charge, shoot at very close range and then use their swords.

but later napoleonic cuirassers main weapon were sabers
ahh fair enough.
yeah i found some information now saying from late 15th to 17th century they used mainly pistols, then started changing to sabre.
this might make it confusing, considering we will also have pistoliers/reiters
they also started using sabres around the time they started only wearing cuirass as armour, so really before that they are heavily armoured pistol cav. idk what to do about this, maybe make 2 separate units? one just being heavily armoured pistol cav which can be used early in the game, second being melee cav with medium armour(just cuirass) and special ability pistol shot and you can only create after researching later game/17th century techs?
sure no probs, sounds like a good idea, lets keep in mind this game will cover several time periods so it wont be easy.
~Gral.Sturnn

User avatar
Maxbirykov2004
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:50 pm
Location: Belarus

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Maxbirykov2004 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:27 pm

Yo all right.
I need little help with AOG , if you know how to mod or paint or creation json or balancing go here viewforum.php?f=230

User avatar
L4cus
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm
Location: Perú

Re: Age of discovery

Post by L4cus » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:01 am

Lets take a look to units till now

Inf:
■late Crossbowman

■Late Longbow(this should be only for british?)

■Late Swordman
•spenaish rodelero
•armored swordman
•spanish master (fencing=esgrima?)

■Late pikeman
•militia pikeman
•armored pikeman
•tercio pikeman

■Halberdiers

■Arquebuisier(each faction will have its own version)

■Matchlock Musketeer
(When u search matchlock tech, u get this units enabled)

■Flintlock Musketeer
■granedier
■Jenissary
■Line Infantry
■citizen militia
■peasant

Cavalry:
■late knight
■hussar(polish should have its own version the winged hussar)
■light cavalry
■dragoon
■cuirasser
■militia horseman

Artillery:
-handcannoner
-obus
-light cannon
-field cannon
-fixed artillery
-light mortar

Others
■citizen (like worker)
■architect
■villager (like labourer)
■field healer
■priest

Also, we should start making one faction, then another and another
Some ideas:
-spain
-british (or uk?)
-france
-russia
-polish
-otomans
-Nederlands
(About native, i am not sure if we should add them, maybe not)

●■●Update(0.00.01): i have been loking for peasants at late medieval age and renaissance.
They werent that simple
■levies
-levy pavisse (swordman or spearman)
-levy pikeman
-levy crossbowman (pavisse too)
Als proffesional soldiers used those weapons

I will think about militia, levy and peasants
If it goes as i think, then levy units(peasants and militia) will change deppending the faction
Also some factiom could have militia musketeers
Last edited by L4cus on Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...

User avatar
Puss_in_Boots
Posts: 2855
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 am

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Puss_in_Boots » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:13 am

I think Italy and Germany (because Prussians and Austrians were pretty much united for power) should be in the game. Natives could be interesting to play, faster movement because of thier knowledge of the land and more mobile lifestyle.

The images have to be made double in size, so we have 0 actual images as of now. 64x64 gives us more room for better textures.
RED, WHITE and BLUE!

User avatar
Squirrel5555
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Squirrel5555 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:24 am

64x64 ? Why xd

User avatar
L4cus
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm
Location: Perú

Re: Age of discovery

Post by L4cus » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:25 am

Stratego said that...
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...

User avatar
L4cus
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm
Location: Perú

Re: Age of discovery

Post by L4cus » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:26 am

Puss_in_Boots wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:13 am
I think Italy and Germany (because Prussians and Austrians were pretty much united for power) should be in the game. Natives could be interesting to play, faster movement because of thier knowledge of the land and more mobile lifestyle.

The images have to be made double in size, so we have 0 actual images as of now. 64x64 gives us more room for better textures.
Boths countries didnt exist till 19 century
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...

User avatar
Puss_in_Boots
Posts: 2855
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 am

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Puss_in_Boots » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:27 am

I think it was because of a Google Play requirement, but I'm not truly sure.
RED, WHITE and BLUE!

User avatar
Squirrel5555
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Squirrel5555 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:32 am

So all sprites getting updated or what?
64x64 bleuhhhh :anger:

User avatar
Squirrel5555
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Squirrel5555 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:35 am

Also Austrians existed since before 1400 and prussia was created in 1525

User avatar
Puss_in_Boots
Posts: 2855
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 am

Re: Age of discovery

Post by Puss_in_Boots » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:35 am

It's not that bad, just have to double the size of all images we are trying to have.

Then we can have Austria in the game to avoid time law violations
RED, WHITE and BLUE!

Post Reply

Return to “Others”