Carrot Cup 2017!

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
Sunrise Samurai

Re: Carrot Cup 2017! --Ongoing--

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Looks like he saw the invasion coming and began moving his base north. That was a good move, deciding to scrap the castle in favor of cheaper defenses. If coolguy is rebuilding his base in the north, your defenses in that area are going to be tested severely, and you don't have 6 towers on a peninsula overlooking that particular​ walkway. Or a catapult ship ready to pound it either.
The glorious sun rises again
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well the catapult ship i just started building lol, so it is under construction. And yes, I am a bit worried about how fast he is growing in the north... However, I am sure the legions will hold!
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Sunrise Samurai

My advice, press the attack in the south. Take enough tcs, and you limit how many factories he can stockpile up north. Besides that, keep building that wall.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Heh, heh, heh...

I think Doom has about mentally conceded. He seems to be gun shy and sticks to hiding behind walls and petty raiding parties. Almost completed 2 castles. Doom is still struggling on his first. Noticed I waited until my labor forces were at an all time high to begin this arms race.

My tiny fleet has kept his armada on its toes. Funny, he doesn't seem to have mastery over the sea yet.
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Just you wait... The arrogance of the pectorate shall be its undoing. Our legions shall bring your capital, your castles, and all your factories of war to the ground. We shall burn your measly fleet, and your laborers will all be forced to build for the glory of the DCPR.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Sunrise Samurai

Alright you two. If you're going to gloat, post screenshots so we can see why.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

I shall tonight lol, after I strike death and destruction into the heart of the COOLfront
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Im with the Samurai always keep us notified with screenshots! :D

s l o w p o k e s... ;)
OLÉ
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Tonight a savage strike was dealt against the COOLfront. For many turns the DCPR has planned an invasion into Pectorate lands. The first landing I made was merely a probe, sent to test the COOLfront's defenses while also softening some important targets for the main invasion force. I was not impressed.

However, COOLguy has led the bulk of his forces to the North, in a frightening show of power in which his forces have tripled in the matter of a few turns. He established a castle and many fortifications. Although my small town center in the region has built a steadfast army and is ready to hold out against the most brutal of advances, COOLguy's strength in the North did demand an answer, or some sort of offense to slow his quickening strength.

Therefore, a two-pronged attack was orchestrated to strike the soft southern belly of the COOLfront, while hampering his forces in the North. In the North, an assassin was quietly landed on the unfortified peninsula south of his castle, while a wagon of master skirmishers were dropped on the island between our fronts, to slow his progress and harrass his unprotected troops.

In the South, a powerful invasion force was organized for many turns. Finally, all was ready. In my last turn, I sabatoged COOLguy's castle, landed my invasion force in the south, invaded his land, took a town center, and built a new factory to help support my outnumbered legion in the North. Here are some pics:

At the start of my last turn: Image

At the end of my last turn: Image

Oh btw, I ended my turn with rouhly 100 more points than COOLguy, and we now have an equal number of tcs, and castles. The playing field has been evened.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Oh also, Sunrise Samurai pmed me tonight:

"The last screenshot​ I saw of your game vs coolguy, it looked like his castles aren't exactly protected well against assassins. Thought I'd point that out privately, so it doesn't change his strategy."

I thought that was funny. :lol:
Sunrise Samurai

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seems like we both had the same idea.

Coolguy: I'd invest a turn into making a scout dog to keep near unguarded castles in the future. It's one turn to prevent what just happened to you
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Tbf, If he had made a scout dog or watch tower, I wouod have used my skirmishers to take it out first. His best bet probably would have been another spy, which I was afraid of (and suprised he didn't have)
Sunrise Samurai

Put the dog inside the castle for protection. Also, it's a bit suspicious if your enemy randomly jumps a dog for seemingly no reason, right next to your castle.

This isn't just coolguy who needed this lesson. I'm glad it happened, as this is a public game and others can learn. This is actually why I suggested it to Doomcarrot in the first place. (Though he obviously already saw it before I said anything) Many people leave castles undefended like this, when it is all too easy to prevent. I had someone do it to me in AoF over the weekend even​. Though I was playing​ as orcs, who don't have any scouts to see with, so I have an excuse.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:Put the dog inside the castle for protection. Also, it's a bit suspicious if your enemy randomly jumps a dog for seemingly no reason, right next to your castle.

This isn't just coolguy who needed this lesson. I'm glad it happened, as this is a public game and others can learn. This is actually why I suggested it to Doomcarrot in the first place. (Though he obviously already saw it before I said anything) Many people leave castles undefended like this, when it is all too easy to prevent. I had someone do it to me in AoF over the weekend even​. Though I was playing​ as orcs, who don't have any scouts to see with, so I have an excuse.
Um not a noob. been at this longer than you.

See some of my other games where I teach the same lesson
Thanks!
Josh
Sunrise Samurai

Sorry, didn't mean to sound insulting.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Sorry,but Im noob,why to have dog in castel?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

To detect stealth units
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Oh ok.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

I don’t believe scout units can use their scout bision when they are in a castle though. They must be in the open to detect other hidden units I think.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to sound insulting.
PEOPLE OF THE COOLfront.

I have made a grave error in the war. I have allowed one of our proud castles to be subterfuged. This is merely a setback in the larger strategy. Such "invasions" are merely annoyances. It shows that Doom has lost all mental hope of winnning this war by stooping to make "annoying" and halfhearted invasion attempts
Thanks!
Josh
Sunrise Samurai

Yeah, still seems pretty even to me. I don't trust the score count​ much. If anything, I'd say coolguy has the best position, with a complete castle still existing and another underway. Doomcarrot is still only 75% through building his first castle, but has a distinct, if temporary, tactical advantage with that invasion force hitting the south. A lot depends on if he can do some damage with that or if coolguy can force him out, and keep him out. With the placement of that castle, coolguy might just be able to dish some equal payback if Doomcarrot isn't careful.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

I got my castle built one turn after COOLguy. :P
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

COOLfront news: DCPR has erected a monolith to his own downfall. Of course an all out assault upon this structure is the next strategy. We have unleashed our secret weapon: namecalling! :twisted:
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

The DCPR finds the COOLfront pathetic.
The DCPR finds that the COOLfront has constructed 2x as many castles
The DCPR finds that the COOLfront has the points advantage
The DCPR finds that the COOLfront may be more than he bargained for
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

COOLfront still has not retaken the town center. Their capital has suffered heavy damage, and most of COOLfront has focused itself on building castles in the safety of the North. COOLguy has begun to fllback to a defensive stratgy, and most of his forces are now fearful enough to hide behind towers. However, I am still confident that I will be able to root them out of their hiding places and strongholds
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Can you send us a map, I want to see how's your progress been.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Sunrise Samurai

He's probably just hiding another assassin and can't show us :lol:
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I think that the balance of power has swung thoroughly to my side. It has been a pretty crazy game still though and really boils down to who can recover from mistakes.
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

The DCPR high council has infomred me that COOLfront now possesses more troops, firepower, and logistical flexibility then it has ever before in the area. Some of my commandants estimate that COOLfront may be more than 50% stronger than our own frontline. For the first time in weeks, it seems that COOLfront may have the ability to launch an attack on our own territory.

However, the comrades of the DCPR stand strong still, and we are entrenched and ready to give the pectorate a fight.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Breaking news on the COOLfront.

We are breaking the DCPR.

We're just too lazy to post pictures.

But not too lazy to have mounted a cavalry assault coupled with crippling siege attacks sweeping in from the north. We expect to own everything above Doom's castle in a few turns.

We are also rapidly building an additional castle for fun.

Game is going sloooooooooowly. :)
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”