Carrot Cup 2017!

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
duneix

Re: Carrot Cup 2017! --Ongoing--

Post by duneix »

Dan301002 wrote:
tamtam12345 wrote:
Dan301002 wrote: I never see that kind of tournament. :lol:
I think the reason is: If someone don't have enough time(eg.homework/trip),they maybe skipped.Then the game may become less fun. :) Also,if someone disappear,how to find another player. :?
For that i don't know. I just say it would be interesting if there is one. :P
Edit : Forgot about 72-hours rule too. Or maybe 48-hours (because 2 v 2)
Would be great! :D
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

We both agreed that we have a rematch because I have a big adv on previous map. :)
We have a rematch on 30x30 greenfield.I have a little disadv on this map because duneix set it to reveal(so I can't use the sight trick :P ).It is a big challenge. :)
Detros

Post by Detros »

tamtam12345 wrote:We both agreed that we have a rematch because I have a big adv on previous map. :)
We have a rematch on 30x30 greenfield.I have a little disadv on this map because duneix set it to reveal(so I can't use the sight trick :P ).It is a big challenge. :)
Good luck. I think explored is the best here as it offers sight part of tactics while it doesn't have the issue which full fog options bears: where are those TCs hidden. I think there it gets too much to how-lucky-you-are to look for them at the right places.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Good luck tamtam and duneix! And thanks for playing in this tourney Dan! Maybe the next one will be a co-op :P
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Detros

Post by Detros »

DoomCarrot wrote:Good luck tamtam and duneix! And thanks for playing in this tourney Dan! Maybe the next one will be a co-op :P
Thanks, Dan, you got me several times there. And yes, coop tournament sounds interesting but for start I would settle just for 2v2 among forumers with hope none leaves or prolongs the match too much and both members of each team actually cooperate and align their actions. There can be some interesting situations because of the play order.

I have tried sending PM to Daniel asking for the map details. Maybe he is currently too busy to start a new match or just forgot to send it out.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Doom, can you make the map?
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Sure!
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
duneix

Post by duneix »

tamtam12345 wrote:We both agreed that we have a rematch because I have a big adv on previous map. :)
Hi!

No please, you deserve your last victory, you should go to the next round! This rematch is just for fun, I don't want to rematch every games ;)
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

duneix wrote: Hi!

No please, you deserve your last victory, you should go to the next round! This rematch is just for fun, I don't want to rematch every games ;)
Ok.I accept.Strong players(you) are willing to confront more challenges for strengthening themselves . :D
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

@ doomcarrot: any chance I could convince you to start a mythical carrot cup for AoF? Only real rule change would be that the player making the game has to take into account their opponents preferred race, either by a standing "I choose this race" when entering (easiest, but less flexible) or by requiring some communication before making the game (more flexible, but can generate confusion.

I can tell you that I would be the first to sign up for it :D
The glorious sun rises again
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

I have considered a possible AoF tourney, if for no other reason than to bring some attention to the great mp in the game.

However, it may be a while :)
Sunrise Samurai

I shall wait as long as it takes.
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:@ doomcarrot: any chance I could convince you to start a mythical carrot cup for AoF? Only real rule change would be that the player making the game has to take into account their opponents preferred race, either by a standing "I choose this race" when entering (easiest, but less flexible) or by requiring some communication before making the game (more flexible, but can generate confusion.

I can tell you that I would be the first to sign up for it :D
Well, i do want AoWW tournament, but it is not really completed yet (not many things). :P
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

He means AoF I believe Dan :)
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

DoomCarrot wrote:He means AoF I believe Dan :)
I know, i just am interested more in AoWW rather than AoF. So i say maybe there will be AoWW tournament in the future (hopefully). :lol:
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
Detros

Post by Detros »

I have joined the map Daniel made for our third round. Forgotten map 30x30 with fog, no techs and many starting units.
I am pondering my strategy for this match now.
Sunrise Samurai

For the future AoF tourney, I must mention a couple things I didn't think about earlier. All techs option can not be checked, and maps must be agreed upon (or certain maps excluded, like mansion, or any that give a ready supply of natural corpses if undead are involved). The difference in races pretty much requires this, lest we have some very unbalanced games.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Finally started with DoomCarrot. This could be a slow game unless he just out and slaughters me
Thanks!
Josh
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

The map image is here.Sorry for poor screenshot because I still use the old version in that device.
Duneix surrendered because the town disadv.I got 19 towns.Duneix only got 6 towns.Duneix don't have any chance to win in this map.

In the rematch(Duneix said it just for fun) :) ,I got the benefit to move fast(because Duneix open the map) so I finally take the control of left side two towns with mongol horseman.Duneix surrundered because of my aggressive strategy.And Duneix had a holiday. 8-)
Detros

Post by Detros »

Daniel and I are at round 7 of our match so we are just starting to clash.
From what I have seen the TC distribution is even, thanks to those 4 big islands of Forgotten land.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

So tamtam has defeated duneix eh?
Very well, brackets shall be updated! Tamtam continues undefeated :)
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Time to take a break again. 8-)
Sunrise Samurai

Take it easy tamtam...... give everyone a chance to feel like they might be able to win at least. Some glimmer of hope before you beat them :P
Detros

Post by Detros »

tamtam12345 wrote:Time to take a break again. 8-)
Sunrise Samurai wrote:Take it easy tamtam...... give everyone a chance to feel like they might be able to win at least. Some glimmer of hope before you beat them :P
Hey, tamtam! Remember last time? You may try to hide in the other corner (of brackets) but I am coming for you :P
Detros

Post by Detros »

In the game with Daniel I think I have the border between our lands secured in the south. I have managed to kill one of his workers already at round 7 when he was trying to make a bridge to me and I think that slowed Daniel considerably (or at least I hope it did). If not that loss then maybe those other losses of other workers or laborers in the recent turns. So far I haven't lost a single unit to Daniel forces.

But that's just the south part of map. Daniel has now reached TCs in the north and the clash there may be the turning point. But if he doesn't decisively win there or doesn't manage to get some of his forces to my island and claim the beachhead there, he may be done.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Oops, sorry I missed updating the brackets lol :lol:

And it sounds like a good game Detros!
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

In the meantime, here is a screen of COOLguy v me

As you can see, we have been progressing somewhat slow lol (We are both really busy).

However, it looks to be an interesting game. I have a short term tc advantage, but he has a bigger long term tc advantage. I think it is fair enough, although I sense that the North will end up belonging to the greatest tactician. (See player rankings for definition of tactician). :P
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

You 2 might hold up TamTam, and the next of the 2 contestants that could win, for a very long time. :!:
OLÉ
Detros

Post by Detros »

DoomCarrot wrote:a screen of COOLguy v me
That doesn't look look like the best navigable-through map. But it is not a thing a dozen of bridges could not solve.
Good luck to both of you.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

It seems that DoomCarrot is in trouble if he doesn't have any preparation...but still have a chance if COOLguy doesn't make the best option... :?

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”