March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status! *FINISHED*

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
COOLguy

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by COOLguy »

Yeah. At the bridge. :) You have gotten better since then. :) :) :)
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Quite a lot :D
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I have now gained a decisive advantage over DoomCarrot. Normally I would post screenshots to show everyone, but I need to adjust the settings on my tablet to keep it from taking awful resolution shots.

Next turn, I say, let the beating begin. :)
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Maybe this will work

Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes, COOLGuy has effectively taken my coasts, and has quite a few more tc's then I do. I wouldn't say the game is over, but its not looking good for the DCPR. :?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Doom has decided to ship spam me from the small waters I allowed him to keep.

I have decided to show him how to crush such a tactic without ship spamming in return.
Thanks!
Josh
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

:shock: Please don't....... ..
He might learn something, for the first time
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
Esley

Post by Esley »

Screenshots? :D
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Oh god no :o

As if I ever thought spamming ships should be a part of the game
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well, he now will soon have me outnumbered 2 to 1 if I don't get a large army of something quickly. Also, I'm probably screwed no matter what I do at this point :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Update on me and COOLGuy's game:
image hosting site no sign up

He is only 200 points ahead of me, but has quite a few more tcs. I am launching the small invasion force I can muster along the river in order to recapture the tc across the river from his capital. COOLGuy has begun building wagons near his siege workshops, which makes me think they are about to put out some catapults soon. He has me trapped in the Southern lake, and I have no way to take the tc that is on the small land bridge at the moment. I have established a strong hold across the river from my capital however, so he will not easily be able to bombard me to death from across the river.

Any update from LagitKiller vs RiverRaider?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I have the advantage and I know it. Therefore, since time is on my side, I have no reason to rush around and hurry.

The waters are now rendered almost useless except as a barrier. They are too narrow to be effective controlled and are only useful as a route of transportation. There are only two areas with which to gain control The north river and the south lake. The north river is useless to me as a route of transportation and the south lake has very little incentive to offer me. I only have to control the east bank and the water crossroad town in order to render it a stationary front. I only need to bottleneck the north to stabilize that. Doom is too confined in the north and too weak in the south to effectively gain control of either waters - I will be able to cross at my will and timing.

I am fine with losing the northern town on Doom's side of the river. That was a diversion double assault (light cavalry on the east and a transport surprise from across the river) which was supposed to keep him from bothering me in the south where the real prize was. If I can hold it, so much the better, but if not, not strategy does not change. I hold the west bank, keep the north as a stationary front and be progressively more aggressive in the south until my smashing assault is ready.

Just to be clear, that is smart to increase production with ships. You must realize though, that you are hemming yourself in. Also spams don't work. Smart work with building warships as well as catships, but I think my hold on the bank (with fortifications, catapults and fire archers) will withstand anything you can build in that small area.

Your knights have been prepared for. I'm don't know what exactly is in the wagons, but I think I can take them too. Your castles will soon fall before anything can be done with them.

Doom's plan:

My end game:

Thanks!
Josh
Darkknight

Post by Darkknight »

Just a question...
Who is red and who is blue?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I am blue. You can see it in the screenshot :)
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Good news from the DCPR! We have taken the lead in points! Although I fear it may not be for long, the DCPR shall press its advantage while it still has it. COOLGuy was caught off gaurd by my catapult ship/skirmisher invasion against the Northern tc. I destroyed a siege workshop and an advancements center at his capital, recaptured the tc, and killed some of his workers and soldiers. I have gained an advantage in the lake as well, as my tireme was built in time to destroy his warship. I have also fired upon the bridges he built, thus disconnecting the lake tc from direct reinforcements.

Although he still has the long-term advantage, DCPR is not giving him an easy victory!
photo hosting sites
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

OKAY THE GAME JUST COMPLETELY RESET TO LIKE 10 TURNS BACK!!! :( :( :(

I have no clue what is going on, I think I've been at work too long today. I must have broken it. :cry:
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :o :o :o :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not again! :cry:

So... I guess we could just say the one with the most points wins? Just kidding :lol:
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

I have completed the sacrament of seven strategies to summon Daniel...

Oh Daniel, Hail Daniel, is therest a way that thou can cast us back to the future?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

lol but didn't I have the most points? I had like 2 more towns than you.
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

On my last turn I took I ended with 200 points more than you, thus the joke :P

In better news, RiverRaider and LagitKiller are unresponsive, so we have plenty of time to figure out if this can be fixed :)
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Sb's malovence seems directed at you doom.... This sort of spirit separation only possible when ones soul has set a path which it expects others to adhere to. If others deviate from this set path during this procession, the soul is either forced to separate and become a independent entity capable of the supernatural, leaving the host but a husk of his former self, or die..... This alone proves that you rushed on that map Doom, and all games that bear your trace will never be free of Sbs shadow.....
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

DoomCarrot wrote:On my last turn I took I ended with 200 points more than you, thus the joke :P

In better news, RiverRaider and LagitKiller are unresponsive, so we have plenty of time to figure out if this can be fixed :)
lol how is that possible?? :) Oh, well. Honestly, wherever it resets, you realize I am winning. I have been winning pretty much the whole game :P Unless you learn from your mistakes and change your moves :D
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

It looks like you killed 2 workers and a siege workshop. I was like 300 points ahead and still maintain 2 towns more than you so :?

Apparently I miscalculated - I thought that both your catship and trireme would burn before your turn started, yet they are still alive?
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Wait you found the old game somehow? And yes, you failed to kill my ships, so I struck again with them :twisted:
Although this is actually good for me if we have to replay it, because I think I can play my side much more effectively knowing what you plan :P

And lol Hardeep, there is no proof that I rushed. However, I kicked him, thus resulting in the same chain of effects,
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Yes, this is good for you, because I was having fun playing steamroller. :) You didn't seem to know what was going on. ;)
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

I knew. Fortify the North and survice, wait until you got 5 heavy cats built and roll up my undefended south in wagons full of them. It would have been GG for me, but I digress... :)

Anyways, looks like my summon failed, so I'll just take my turn in this cursed game :lol:
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

DoomCarrot wrote:Wait you found the old game somehow?
Oh, you mean did the reset fix itself? No, I just looked and tried to tell what had happened in your screenshot.
Thanks!
Josh
LagitKiller

Post by LagitKiller »

DoomCarrot wrote:In better news, RiverRaider and LagitKiller are unresponsive, so we have plenty of time to figure out if this can be fixed :)
We're still playing our game, its a pretty even battle, so not much progress in being made in terms of the game coming to an end. We both still have 9 towns each. About 10 turns ago, I attacked him, took one town, and then was repelled and he took it back, and then he counterattacked only to be stopped just shy of really accomplishing anything. Now i'm going on the offensive to see if I can do anything. Its like trench warfare, attacking has turned into suicide.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

RiverRaider tends to use very strong defensive tactics, good luck!

Good to hear that the game is still going though, and the map seems to be fair! :)
RiverRaider 1097

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

With all due respect to LagitKiller, not really 4 of my tc was up for grabs from the start a defensive disadvantage plagues me ) I'm fighting and defending a two front war!...tried sending pic but file to big..forgot how to do it )
Last edited by RiverRaider 1097 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
and remember,wherever your at,there you are

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”