find-collect-store-sell-spend mechanism and mercenaries.

Put here any ideas about new suggested game types comes into your mind.
balint

find-collect-store-sell-spend mechanism and mercenaries.

Post by balint »

I thought, the game culd randomly/or at given locations lplace a chest which can contain some item (new thing) or a consumable. You could open the chest by dealing it 5 damage. After you collect the treasure (or the nothing) it goes to your inventory where you can store 5-10 items. Then, sell items when moving next to a shop. Finally you can spend your gold on 3-4 kind of units:Mercenary footman, mercenary archer, mercenary horseman (mercenary spearman).
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
Storgar

Re: find-collect-store-sell-spend mechanism and mercenaries.

Post by Storgar »

This is an interesting idea. You could have rather than a shop an exclamation mark on a square or something and when you move into it you see what's there, it could be gold or it could be mercenaries which you have the option to purchase with required gold. This could vary based on how good the troops is or even give 2 or 3 basic troops for a set price. As an option you could also tax your towns instead of recruiting troops to raise gold for mercenaries.

I think this should be an optional extra in the game though as I not totally sure how many players would like or indeed if I would want to play like it every time.
balint

Post by balint »

I thought at it bexause some storylines would be easier if you can recruit mercenaries.

I don't want it to overpower the players who gathered more money, just to add something which existed in the medieval times.

It would be good if you the max recruit is one unit group (4 troop + 1wagon) every 10/20 th turn.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

This sounds good. There should be an on/off control, though for those who do not wish it.
Thanks!
Josh
balint

Post by balint »

yes
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

So as far as money for the mercenaries, Is it a randomly placed 'treasure chest' or more of a tax system that you envision?
Thanks!
Josh
balint

Post by balint »

maybe both, every TC produce 5 gold each turn, and the treasure chest contains items worth 20-150 gold, so it is based on luck.

It would be good too, if you can't gather gold in random map/Multiplayer, because that would avaiable to farm there.

Return to “New game types in the game (like capture the flag)”