Current collection of ideas

Put here any ideas about new suggested game types comes into your mind.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Current collection of ideas

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Here you can see what game ttype ideas I received yet.

Regicide
- catch the enemy king (see Age Of Kings)

Death Match
- The player that kills the most units within a limit set of turns wins, or the player that reaches a certain number of kills wins

Capture the flag
- 2 teams with flags on opposite sides of the map, you win if you get the enemy flag to your flag post

Build and Protect
- to build x nummber of given units or build given buildings to given place (I think it woud be good in a conquer and hold the place quest)

Defeat the general (Regicide alternative)
- New game type defeat the general, each player starts out with a 1 unique unit prince, huntress paladin, viking berzerke, jean d arqe or william wallace or whatever new unique units come out. Basically a normal random game except when the unique unit is defeated all tc and units turn neutral and opponent loses, ends when there is only one unique unit left

King of the hill
- Reach a given point on the map and have an unit here for X turns.
- Variation: there are more target squares and for each square you control for a turn you get a point. Game is over when a preset number of turns is reached (player w/most points wins) or when a player reaches a preset number of points (and wins the game).
Whalas

Re: Current collection of ideas

Post by Whalas »

All seem good ideas, especially the regicide that reminds me of AOE: D
balint

Post by balint »

What about to build x nummber of given units or build given buildings to given place (I think it woud be good in a conquer and hold the place quest)
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

cool! thanks! i put it onto the top list.
Dgkfadomo777

Post by Dgkfadomo777 »

New game type defeat the general, each player starts out with a 1 unique unit prince, huntress paladin, viking berzerke, jean d arqe or william wallace or whatever new unique units come out. Basically a normal random game except when the unique unit is defeated all tc and units turn neutral and opponent loses, ends when there is only one unique unit left
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok i put it onto the list.
Mairon

Post by Mairon »

King of the hill
Reach a given point on the map and have an unit here for X turns.
Variation: there are more target squares and for each square you control for a turn you get a point. Game is over when a preset number of turns is reached (player w/most points wins) or when a player reaches a preset number of points (and wins the game).
Cheers, everything will go well! Yes, ask the other person to lend you something/go on a date/do anything else! They ain't gonna bite your head off!

Tar-Mairon, The Excellent in vanyarin is the name of Sauron [The Abominable] before his fall.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, it is in the list!
Archer

Post by Archer »

Is survival mode or hold the line being considered, they were posted last year, survival mode got a good reaction, it would bring a fresh type of game-play
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

How about multiple difficulty levels, like I suggested here:

http://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2382
Who am I?
Disco

Post by Disco »

Dgkfadomo777 wrote:New game type defeat the general, each player starts out with a 1 unique unit prince, huntress paladin, viking berzerke, jean d arqe or william wallace or whatever new unique units come out. Basically a normal random game except when the unique unit is defeated all tc and units turn neutral and opponent loses, ends when there is only one unique unit left
+1 For this ;)
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well the thing about the unique unit, after thinking about it, is that everyone will just hide them in the middle of their capital in a castle or something, so you will have to completely annihilate your opponent to kill the leader anyways.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Not necessarily. It's like playing capitols - The outlying territory can still be controlled by the losing player.
Thanks!
Josh
Disco

Post by Disco »

DoomCarrot wrote:Well the thing about the unique unit, after thinking about it, is that everyone will just hide them in the middle of their capital in a castle or something, so you will have to completely annihilate your opponent to kill the leader anyways.
Yeah that is a good point. Though exactly what Coolguy said, you only need to kill the given unit, and not the surrounding stuff.
Could be quicker matches...

Also could make unique unit very weak?

Return to “New game types in the game (like capture the flag)”