map with different endings

Put here any ideas about new suggested game types comes into your mind.
tamtam12345

map with different endings

Post by tamtam12345 »

In the game,the requirement to get number of stars is depends on number of turns to finish.
I am thinking if the requirement of some maps to get different stars is to achieve different endings, not number of turns.

Example: Bad end(some unit die or mission fail) get 0 star.Normal end (only kill all units)get 1 star,good end (complete some missions)get 2 stars,perfect end (complete all and hidden missions)get 3 stars.

I know that is very difficult.Just forget it if it cost too much time. :)
tamtam12345

Re: map with different endings

Post by tamtam12345 »

Another idea is the star requirement no change.But add some triggers sth like"three stars deactivate" "two stars deactivate".

Example in trigger:Object destroyed>"three stars deactivate" so if a unit died,player only can get maximum two stars although player fulfill the three stars turns requirement.

I think that one is much easier. :D
Detros

Re: map with different endings

Post by Detros »

tamtam12345 wrote:Another idea is the star requirement no change.But add some triggers sth like"three stars deactivate" "two stars deactivate".

Example in trigger:Object destroyed>"three stars deactivate" so if a unit died,player only can get maximum two stars although player fulfill the three stars turns requirement.

I think that one is much easier. :D
You could possibly make that also just with one trigger-action: "set move counter". If player let's important building to be destroyed, instead of directly deactivating possible stars you add penalty turns to the move counter. So if player fails some subtask at turn 12, when max for 3 stars is set to 25 turns, you add 14 turns / set move counter to 26. Once you check the player is not already at turn 30, then you clearly won't in such case subtract turns to get back to 26.

Or... you can also think about it the other way: when player manages to secure some optional mission, some turns really are subtracted. If set properly, you can have, say, 25 turn limit to reach with your hero the other side of map. And if you run all the way unstopped it takes like 20 turns so with enemies in the way you need to be quite good to beat this limit. And there are even three enemy castles along the way. So.. you can either try dodging the enemy forces and slip through them, running full speed, or you can send part of your army to complete of side missions (destroy one of those castles) and get like 10 bonus turns so you can actually use more than 25 turns to beat that limit.

Return to “New game types in the game (like capture the flag)”