Java programmer

You can see here listed all Developer problems in which he asks for help regarding AOS from forum users.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Java programmer

Post by Stratego (dev) »

If you know java, and want to offer free help in smaller (few hours) tasks to implement than contact me.
I have very many little task in my list (also on this forum) that i had no time yet to implement.

my ideas (only first few, there are tons of these with a little looking up on forum/my list):
- better TC generation logic as a single method - placing players starting TC-s and then placing TC-s randomly that is more fair (now 2-3 TC is near starter TC-s but the rest is random - this gives unfairness)
- input: the map coordinates (tiles) where a TC can be placed, the setting of FEW/MANY TC requirement, the number of players,
- output: coordinates where to put TC for each player

- where to build bridges (for AI) - where there is a river, or narrower water betw. you and enemy/unoccupied TC
- input: complete map (tiles, and units)
- output: which tiles to build bridges.

- where to build walls (for AI) - practically on terrain bottlenecks betw. you and enemies or around your TC-s
- input: complete map (tiles, and units)
- output: which tiles to build walls/gates.

-

There are lots of such little tasks , if someone wants to practice in java, here are possibilities :)
LordOfAles

Re: Java programmer

Post by LordOfAles »

Im currently practicing on jsons,i have Java but i dont think i can do it :)
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hey Daniel,
I once told that i can do the Vote system, right?
Well im still on it jut i kinda dont gt into it. I fail to transfer
The database data into the right format to keep on workimg since i dont have the right java development software (any good java platforms i can use FREE)

Well the TC thing seems simple but therefore i need more details for the Map Data since TCs shouldn spawn on hills or rocks or water. (Is there some 2-3 dimensional array with the stats of each terrain tilw or is each terrain tile and object or what?) I know you wrote that the input is meant for obly the tiles where the tcs can be placed but for the fairness i would need the complete map data and the excact spawn of each players TC.

Well and the Water bridges thingy i would solve with just adding the wate tiles to the waypoint system as a 3turn taking space and if the mivement to the next TC is Fastest thrugh a special water path then the worker starts his bridges.

I still have to think of the Wall thingy.

Patroid
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Ok. Email me and i can send ,ou the details.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

I am fairly familiar with python and c#, but I don't think I would be able to program fluently with java... :?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
timka

Post by timka »

Still looking for devs?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Yes always welcome any offer to help in the game!
Are u interested? if so please email me on developer email -thanks!

Return to “Dev asks for Help”