Underground fortress IMPLEMENTED

Midonik

Underground fortress IMPLEMENTED

Post by Midonik »

It's will be an mega for humans. I think 2×2 size would be the best, given we have a different scale here. About the stats:
Hp: 800
Armors: 5/5/5
Bonus mending when constructing: 2.6
Bonus mending: 3
Attack: 12 (same bonuses as rocket artillery)
Actions: 3
Range: 4
Carry capacity: 4 (can carry infantry and vehicles)

(For later)
Tech: Nuclear missile cost: 15 This tech will work like the upgrade of church to cathedral in AoS, so each single fortress needs to reaserch this individualy. It upgrades it to
Underground fortress (nuclear missile) units that is exactly the same as the normal fortress that has an big missile launcher at the middle, but it also has this albitly:
Nuclear missile: A fire ball like albitly that has 3 aoe, 25 range, 1000 attack and gives an effect radiation on all living units that survives that (well, there might be some...) that makes them lost 15 hp every turn for 5 turns. It's a ONE time spell so each fortress can shoot it only once and it needs 15 turn cost reaserch in it.
So basically fire that on the enemy's base and watch him suffer, but it will take a while. All the other races will have similar WMDs, so don't worry, it will be balanced.
Last edited by Midonik on Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
godOfKings

Re: Underground fortress WAITING IMAGE

Post by godOfKings »

depends on how far is range and who constructs fortress at wat rate and everything, r u planning to make wmd similar to red alerts? with grey getting mind control from yuri's revenge :lol:
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I don't know what are you referring to tbh. Reptilans will have a giga orbital laser cannon, mind control will be somewhat myconids' (spores).
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

ya same thing, different race getting different WMDs, red alerts was just a reference, there was also an aura in red alerts that made all allied units in a certain area completely invulnerable from all damage for some times, while they could still atk their enemies, could b a force field, or a space bending field around ally that sends all explosions and bullets to another dimension, or simply makes them disappear

mind control could b temporary for psionics like grey while myconids permanently get rid of brain and replace it with a parasite that they control (permanent control)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

What colours/material human structures use.?
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

:?
Well... For military buildings I would suggest camo colours (maybe the grey one same as other human units), about the materials I guess some stuff similar to concrete... Here are the ones in game atm:

Really different styles, few have wrong angles.
Attachments
bld_hum_tank_factory.png
bld_hum_tank_factory.png (1.5 KiB) Viewed 3397 times
bld_hum_shipyard.png
bld_hum_shipyard.png (7.68 KiB) Viewed 3397 times
bld_hum_barracks.png
bld_hum_barracks.png (5.59 KiB) Viewed 3397 times
bld_hum_airport_occupied.png
bld_hum_airport_occupied.png (1.42 KiB) Viewed 3397 times
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Now we have the D.D.D defensive units so I guess this should go along with their style... Dang we will needs image revision someday.
Attachments
unit_hum_bld_railgun.png
unit_hum_bld_railgun.png (1.28 KiB) Viewed 3234 times
unit_hum_building__concrete_rocket_artillery.png
unit_hum_building__concrete_rocket_artillery.png (1.24 KiB) Viewed 3234 times
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

RA2 yr is a timeless game, i was playing it few months ago, and actually, would be nice to export some ideas from it, like prism based weapons from allieds for energy guns instead of lasers, so we could let lasers entirelly for aliens and humans can focus entirelly on the prismatic guns, that will just require rename on some units and their descriptions.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I would prefer to keep it simple.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

nice turrets!
dotn forget that (if u have time) you can make a few frame animation for everything now.
eg. the turret can swipe left to right a little waiting for enemy or something.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Midonik wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:55 am I would prefer to keep it simple.
More simple than just a rename? What you mean by that?
Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:34 am nice turrets!
dotn forget that (if u have time) you can make a few frame animation for everything now.
eg. the turret can swipe left to right a little waiting for enemy or something.
You mean the standard animations or that you can add more animations for a single unit than the idle stance now?
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

You mean the standard animations or that you can add more animations for a single unit than the idle stance now?
i ment the idle animations (as it stand, but not frozen but something moved on it - like the "fire archer", "cannoneer" in AOS game)
however we can put in some other too if u have specific idea of one.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

By "simple" I mean as few weapon types as possible to have various gameplay... What is the purpose of that other than "taste"?
Hmm
From what I read it's in shorts like a better gunpowder? So basically you want all the human units (including the infantry that was supposed to use mostly laser weapons for now, as well as all the tanks) to use the physical weapons? Well that is not just a cosmetic change. While restricting the number of human units using the lasers is something I would want, then having them have completely no wouldn't be good (since they won't benefit in anyway form the reptilan tech for laser weapons that would be stealable while reptilians would benefit just a little bit from human ballistic techs). I thought that having railgun and missiles would be good enough. Maybe not tho.
What exactly you suggest and also make a new topic for it.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

No, i just meant to simply rename the current humans energy weapons based on laser to prismatic based (Prismatic is energy, not physical)... So humans can keep their energy guns but on the same time, having a different one from reptilians.
Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:53 pm i ment the idle animations (as it stand, but not frozen but something moved on it - like the "fire archer", "cannoneer" in AOS game)
however we can put in some other too if u have specific idea of one.
Oh cool, personally i think for aos/aof the current animations are fine since all units are mostly on a "facing" perspective... But for aow/aog, since all units do have the same perspective (pointing to the right), an effect to mirror the img to the oposite side when moving or attacking units would be really cool to have, the visual effect of conflicting forces will be much better if the imgs of the units are able to be pointing to each other and not to the back of one at right...
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Then it's only for taste so I see no point? Not everyone who plays it must necessarily know what such weapons are (for example I hadn't and seems I still don't) so I would rather keep them at minimum. I don't think that info dumping the players will give us anything? All it might not be much effort but I don't want to waste time on something that changes nothing.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes animations are only taste
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Oopsy, guess I wasn't really specific here, I meant the D.D.D suggestion. Animations... Well for now getting the image done is good enough as we kinda lack them. But they would be appreciated later on if they would look good.
Midonik

Re: Underground fortress READY

Post by Midonik »

D.D.D made us an image (using Puss's force field) so this little boi will soon get in probably.
Attachments
Underground_Mega_3.png
Underground_Mega_3.png (13.57 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Updated the stats
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Will be in next

Return to “Archive”