Grey Saurer

Dagravian

Grey Saurer

Post by Dagravian »

A medium grey Saucer that is able to turn into an quadpod walker mech, it don't have bonuses in the air but can convert other units, while on quadpod form, it can shoot a death beam that instantly kill any unarmored infantry while deal large damage to vehicles.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Midonik

Re: Grey Saurer

Post by Midonik »

I don't exactly grasp the concept, can you explain what it is maybe providing some graphical examples.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Basically, the concept comes from the saucer mech from airmech strike/arena (same game but on different plataforms)...
It is a saucer ship that is able to transform into a walker, that owns a death-ray and can shoot it when on the ground form (also many other habilities).
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well seems fine, make some image. Are you sure there won't be any copyrights problems tho?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Ofc no, it is inspired by it (and many other things), not a copy :lol:
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Maybe we should find a different name. Current one means "acid" in German (according to Google Translator) that is not the intention I guess. (btw I will change most of reptilan vehicles names one day to something cooler)
Generally I would like to name the stuff by some reptiles. So have about calling this one a... Pterodactyl or something?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Grey hunter tank

Grey spider bird ( Technically ALL birds are reptillians, too bad for avians :lol: :lol: )

Grey snatcher

Grey AP crawler (AP means antipersonnel....perhaps its a bit too human name?)

Grey alien exterminator???

Grey Predator

Grey Bird o'prey

Grey Slaughter Machine (My Best Yet :lol: )

I vote for spider bird, but better names are encouraged :)
Last edited by godOfKings on Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Well, i guess both greys and reptilians have their own language, while us humans, should nickname their stuff based on human terms, like allieds and axis nicknamed their enemies stuff based on the "whatever" in their own languages... :lol:
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Yeah, since the players are definitely human I guess naming the stuff by human nicknames is more senseful.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

i added more possible names :)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Midonik wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:27 am Yeah, since the players are definitely human I guess naming the stuff by human nicknames is more senseful.
"I come from the planet Omicron Persiai 658 and I am offended from this statement that's clearly not spider-bird, but a specifically named Hyper Spinning Quadpedal Death Ray prepare to be invaded earthlings! :mrgreen: "
OLÉ
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I think that one will be a good anti infantry vehicle for reptilans.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

since it uses lasers, it could also b anti tank, like an anti tank version of snake man, by constantly changing form it could dodge tank shells, get close enough, then blow it away...

so high dodge and bonus against tanks, vehicles and may b infantry ( but infantry is smaller, can disperse out in large area easily so hard to kill more than one infantry in one shot)

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

i got an idea, its image will b like fire archer animation image, on the same image it will b constantly changing its form, also has 100% speed in all terrains except mountains, ( may b 2 or 1 ), i think base speed can b 4

Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Well, it should work as multipurpose machine with 2 forms, one as flying UFO, another as walker, the main weapon is a fast firing laser gun that can be overcharged to deliver a continuous beam, but overcharge can only happen on the ground form, it's fast firing laser gun is actually good vs both infantry or vehicles, so in matter of stats, it will have a good base attack (+or- than 20). But perform better vs infantry, so, the ground form will use the laser gun to kill infantry while the death ray can inflict large dmg or kill any of the ground targets.

While the air, it uses the same laser gun, but with halved capacity and without any bonuses. Also, it Can't use the overcharged beam, but might have another skill, i personally would love the hability to convert units next to it, but a blink boost/teleport to increase speed can also work for me.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Ms. D.D.D, creator of pain in my ass and unnecessarily complicator of everything, able to turn a small disscussion into battle of few hundreds words text walls.
Ok I just had to said ok? I kinda like that but sometimes I feel like you are overdoing it.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

the idea that comes in my head is like that walker in the incredibles called omnidroids with the added ability to fly to dodge incoming rockets etc.

Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Omg, no, what i did was just filling the gap of information bcz when i explain something shortly, it could happen that ppl could get a wrong idea about it. So detailed information is very noice don't you think?
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Midonik wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:02 pm I kinda like that but sometimes I feel like you are overdoing it.

What's more problematic is how you seem to make this unit very versatile and give it tons of abilities to a point I'm lost with what's it's supposed to freaking be like choose a one role.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

It is generalist...

Just take a look on the inspiration source "Airmech-Saucer"... It is a "transformers" like machine, also, this mech is also inspired by that good old alien cliche of large tentacle/legged creatures with death rays seen on many sci-fi movies. So it is very versatile by essence, tho if you don't know where to start, i will translate its characteristics to gameplay inputs:

- It does have 2 forms, one as quad legged mech, one as ufo.
- It does have general high atk (full on ground, halved on air). (When i mean high, it is that it is enough to hurt badly low health units as infantry, at least on ground form, but not having specific bonus to any of them...)
- It does have 2 habilities + trasform, but can only use one in each form. (the death beam/charged beam for ground and some other for air (i actually gave up on next tile convert) so air skill is open...)
- Death ray is just a magic arrow but much more stronger and with high timeout...
- It does have average def (actually mediocre, but since we can't put shielding values on units yet, i think that should do...)
- speed: Mediocre on ground (as any other walker), good on air.

The rest is up to you guys to decide...
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

is it big or same size as a vehicle/ light tank?

Return to “Planetary”