Rebalancing topic - worst units - Elf

Alexander82

Re: Rebalancing topic - worst units - Elf

Post by Alexander82 »

The basic archer is better than a human archer (that is a good unit itself) and is also faster. That's why i aid tht the fast archer is the one that is "too good".

Having 2 archers is still better from a point of view: if i kill one you still have the other one, while if i kill a single fast archer you loose 2 attacks at once. That is especially true because they are both on the same level in terms of health, so you can basically kill one or the other in the same ways.

Also at the start of the game i've found better investing in more 2 turn archers instead that fast archers, and all for expansion purpose (i can conquer many tcs easily with my cheap and fast archers than with the less cheap fast archers) so that would be enough to give the archer some sense.

It is also true that with the incoming elf techs they are both going to increase their attack with the same growth, and the double attacking fast archers will have a double benefit for any +1 to attack (since it will be dealt twice).

What i've always tought is that the fast archer should be 1 range behind the normal archer (that is 6 from the start and i find it is fine), like the fire archer that have an extra effect and has range 5 even tough it costs 4 turns.

So i would definitely reduce the fast archer range to 5 (the techs that will be in will still bring it to a higher level and wil give more sense to the normal archer that will win on the range side). Also this would make sense since the fast archer should be fine because it use a shortbow (trading range for attack speed).

So i would leave them as they are untile the techs are in, when we can lower the fast archers attack since it will grow thanks to its techs
Age of Fantasy design leader
The Pendulum

Post by The Pendulum »

Perhaps the underwhelming feeling i feel is simply from a lack of elven upgrades. I completely agree with your notion about the quick archer having less range. I approve this message.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Ok. Let's wait for upgrades that are what elves needs most
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Why can't we train Elf Sentinel in Great Tree?
almost every race can train they elite units in Great buildings
Im not coming. Im impending
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

It might be useful to train more units there. There was a concept related to high elves. We might start from there.
zeadrien13

Post by zeadrien13 »

To make the Ent Warrior more useful than the summoned ent, we can:

1) Give some spell resistance (making it more viable over the summoned ent when fighting enemy unit with spell)

2) Make a tech improving it's "wall" role, and I don't know if any of you played HOMM 5 but in that game, Ent could root themselves to gain more defence at the cost of not being able to move. They could root nearby ennemy too to not let them move away, which would make them really interesting over the summoned ent.

To give some use for the ent worker in the late game, why not making them like the Human money courier but only letting them boost unit production speed inside of the Ent trainer by 2 or 1 turn (it's like if the ent worker would go inside of the Ent trainer and grows into an Ent warrior/demolisher).

For the Ent demolisher, even if the other race have better siege unit, I think it's still a quite balanced unit at the end. They move faster than catapult and trebuchet and they can walk trough forest. I don't play the Elf race often so I can't really tell if the demolisher is that bad, but I do know it take a long time before getting them (building the ent trainer+the ent demolisher) and they are in my opinion only viable at mid game, in the long run, fire archer become better with their upgrade and spell (less costy, longer range, the only way I see demolisher better than fire archer is for destroying big building maybe, like I said I don't play Elf often). To solve that we could have a tech making them more tough (like Elder Ent or Ancient Ent upgrade giving them more HP and/or armor).

What do you think about it? I can give some stat if you like these idea.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

How about this. Ent warrior can change form for +5/+5 armor, regenerates 5 life per turn, but no movement while in this form. This more or less makes it a mobile wall.

Let eagle eye and outpost vision effect work on demolishers and you might find them good against high health units like elephants, battering ram, or ent warrior.

Worker is the harder one. Orcs and humans can make towers that do damage in and of themselves, plus wagons. Human workers can also make siege weapons. If elf wagon is added, that should help. Beyond that, a tower that actually attacks would help greatly. Elf outpost and parapets are great for cramming archers into a tight space, but don't give any real increase in numbers like human/orc towers, instead giving you a place to put units you already made. Worker units are only​ worth what they can build, so I think that's why you see it as weak.
The glorious sun rises again

Return to “Archived - Votes and Polls”