Tasks - Before publishing CLOSED

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Tasks - Before publishing CLOSED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I think these are needed to be made before publish (and you, all kind forumers, can help in)

- at least 6-8 upgrades(/techs) for all races (besides humans that already has many)
- 3-4 default techs for the nonhuman races (they have nothing - or have only the human tech, what they should not have and have their own)
- some missing units: undead siege unit, specialized towers/bunkers for nonhumans (like elf has the tree) and so on.
- some missing spells (even the environment spell types), see the basic ideas in races section: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=569#p3880
- all existing races in balance (we are getting close! Special thanks to Heeyy!)
- at least 8-10 random maps
- finalizing the naval units, getting rid of human ship types from other races, and giving them their own navy if they have one.
- finalizing tower capabilities (only human and elf and undead is ready)
- at least 3 campaigns
- AOF customized tutorial maps
- at least 5 skirmish maps (like the ones in FAN section, and FICTION Section)
- the flavour texting for all units (the longer text that appears (if any) on the left of the stats sheet)
- sounds: special sounds for the units (like an Orc should not say "yes sir" but a he should "roar" or "grunt" or something.)
- documentation: AOF customized help
- documentation: spells and abilities part in the unit stat-sheet
- (lowpri: can be after publish)allow a player to choose its race - with an option for the creator to force-set the races or let anyone chose its own.
- unique transports for them - now looks weird eg. the elves having the same wagon.
- unique Sounds for occupying buildings (different for each race).

bugs:
- healers (eg templar) will heal farer than it should be if the "instinct" AI is running.
- the aura spell of the troll is not working
- there is a little aura bug somewhere - sometimes the aura effect is not given to unit inside the aura (maybe if two same auras are intersecting)
- the corpses does not vanish in time
- the vanishing effect is buggy on elf wolves - sometimes the effect is removed and a wolf without vanishing remains.
- AI: auto casting must not harm friendly units (eg. the mage should not cast fireball on an enemy surrounded by allies)
patroid

Re: Tasks - Before publishing

Post by patroid »

Hi
For two weeks i made a undead campaign,
Butbdont found thepost where is written how i must
Edit the text....

I will continue working, could you please post a link??

Patroid
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

if you refer to intro texting than here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=777
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi
Thanks you will get two maps tomorrow :D

Patroid
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

cool! thanks!
dust-n-steel

Post by dust-n-steel »

I'm exited :)
What color is your flag when it's burning?!
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi
Guys work on the liston top.

Patroid
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

greening some line above.
patroid

Post by patroid »

Guys dont forget that!!
ollie444

Post by ollie444 »

You might want a tutorial on all the spells, units and so-on too... all there is is the 5 maps from aos...
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

you are right! a more customiized tutorial map series. (maybe besided the existing ones / or replacing them)

i put it to the list.
balint

Post by balint »

I wojld make friggers for them.
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
patroid

Post by patroid »

We have 3 campaigns.

(I will trigger my map soon if you activate it for
Me!!)
balint

Post by balint »

If you want I can help in triggering.
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

hello! can anyone help in the "before publish" list?
(eg. with maps campaigns, or tech ideas)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

new item: - finalizing tower capabilities (only human and elf is ready)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

some items are greened.
getting closer - however too slowly :(
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

two bugs are fixed now:
- the corpses does not vanish in time
- the vanishing effect is buggy on elf wolves - sometimes the effect is removed and a wolf without vanishing remains.

as i tried they work fine.

please test them and tell me if it works fine - thanks!

up on server in 5 minutes.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i have finished this: "- documentation: spells and abilities part in the unit stat-sheet"

up on server in 15 minutes.

give me feedback please - thanks.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

some greening:
- at least 5 skirmish maps (like the ones in FAN section, and FICTION Section)
- documentation: AOF customized help
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I see all nice suggestion to AOF!
The thing is that i want to launch AOF.
that means i only want to put new thing if they are MOSTLY needed into the first published version.
So i kindly ask you to post in this thread the link to you idea/suggestion if you think it is VERY VERY important to be in the first publishable version
(eg. it is an important balancing issue or a missing essential unit that meets the Races section definition or a great BUG or something like this)

all thing you list here i will
- discuss if needed (in its own thread)
- and decide whether to put into this thread-first post to be a "task before publishing" thing.

All other suggestions can be put into the updates of the published AOF, i plan it to be weekly or 2weekly in early stages and later (appr. 6 month later) to make it 1 update per month (as AOS now)

And again: Thank you so much for all the suggestions and support!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I received no suggestions for the "MUST before publishing" list - you think AOF is now publishable and completely balanced?
please feedback me if u think that, or hit me with any "essential" changes that is needed before publish.

thanks!
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

No. We must add sone more units to give more options to yhe various races and avoiding being powerless before the wrong enemy. Orcs need help against ranged and something to speed up expansion. Humans need some decent unit at the castle. Elces need a good infantry, undeads seems fine but might need some more powerful options like a bone golem.

Also we need to allow a player ti choose its race
Age of Fantasy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Thanks!
Alexander82 wrote:Orcs need help against ranged and something to speed up expansion.
ranged: they have hard armors and strengthening spells against archers, or what do u mean?
expansion: what do u mean here? (orcs have cheap workers so they can expand themself quickly.)
Alexander82 wrote:Humans need some decent unit at the castle.
why - and what kind of unit you thought? trebuchet is not strong enough? :)
Alexander82 wrote:Elces need a good infantry,
by the definition in races section they should have nearly zero melee infantry - or what kind of infantry you mean?
Alexander82 wrote:undeads seems fine but might need some more powerful options like a bone golem.
yes, i also like golem idea - especially the "tower-turns-to-golem" but we dont have image for golem yet.
Alexander82 wrote:Also we need to allow a player ti choose its race
yes this is also a good point, i am putting it right up to the todo-list (with an option for the creator to fix the races or let anyone chose its own)
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Orcs
It is true, but, imho, a cheap worker can't help' against a basic unit that moves by 4 like elven archers that are pretty fast from the beginning of the game
Regarding ranged: a decent armor can just delay your death when you can't reach an enemy that is faster than you and has a ranged attack.

Humans:
Trebuchet is slow and need a specific strategy to make it useful. It's mostly a siege weapon and is probably more fit for a non-fantasy setting
Dragon knights end Gryphon Riders would be a great addiction to humans (i already made images for both here if you like the idea), also more fit with the setting and that are able to compete with other units made in the "castles" of other race.

Elves:
I understand that they shouldn't be strong in melee as human or orcs, but right now their infantry is mostly useless, also for defense.
We might give them some fast unit that can compensate a lack of armor and hp with some sort of evasion (a % that you receive half damage or no damage)

Undead:
It's a bit tricky but i'll try to make one in these days
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

In my opinion Orcs are still extremely powerless to flying units, although they have spells/dragons and heavy armor, the lack of a ranged unit is very damaging to there effectiveness as a race.
I also feel that the humans need some more "fantasy" type units. Right now they play very similar to AOS, which (in my opinion) makes AOF feel a little bit like a add on to AOS rather that a game of its own.
I personally feel that AOF isn't ready for public release.
Last edited by ejm29 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Yes, i forgot to mention that Emj xD
that's why i realized some ranged units for the orcs:
Goblin Archer, Orc Javelineer and supported this topic for the creation of a ranged siege unit against ships and/or groups
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

update: sounds, textings are ready. also the mentioned orc ranged unit.
Jqwan

Post by Jqwan »

I have extensively played this game and I must agree with what was said about orcs in general. My idea was for a cheap goblin flying unit based off the idea of a "goblin doom diver" (minus the catapult it will just be the goblin with the wing contraption) from warhammer fantasy. Basically just a javelin goblin with good movement and shoddy wings for 6(?) movement low hp like 10-12 or something like that, 0 armor. Maybe 2-3 turns training time. Could also give them an ability so suicide into a group that would solve two problems at once imho. Also the dragons seem to be pointless for them the ones u train shouldn't have vanishing on them. And maybe vanishing should get another turn? Would like to see something with disenchant to counter undead. Humans r pretty well balanced although I do like the idea of a gryphon rider or something like that with a lance that could be represented by 2 range or something. I also liked the idea of giving broad swordsman 1/1 armor and halberdiers 1/0 armor. I mean they look like they have plate mail and they have 0/0 lol.if Orc warrior doesn't gain armor for upgrade he should as well maybe 1/0 for first upgrade and 2/1 for second. For elf infantry I thought giving them 2/0 would be sufficient to represent their light mail and dodge capabilities. Perhaps a slight boost in Hp but not much. Undead I would like to see the skeleton monsters buildAble or something like it at the mansion. Or something else at the mansion really that has the role of a Tanky monster, I thought like a undead cave troll would be awesome looking. My personal thoughts were also to give +1/0 to horsemen and ghouls to represent their toughness to bring down, being dead and all that. And would love to see banshee scream hit into building. That would be excellent. But yea those are my current balance thoughts.
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi,
Sorry for the Late Answer, i gonna think about it l.
Pls do 2 new topics for the gryphoon rider and the
New goblin superior Spear Unit.

Thx

Patroid

We still have a few active MapMaker...it would be lovely
If u could make the last few tutorial maps
(I gonna open a new topic for this)

Return to “Archived - Other”